Thread: Feature Request: DJO Android - Widgets

Feature Request: DJO Android - Widgets

Haven't looked for other posts re: this specific issue because of time constraints.

Would love to see enhanced DejaToday 4x4 Widget with navigation buttons across bottom to include: Memos, Expenses, Tasks, & Contacts.

Also, what's the purpose of the Sync symbol on the 4x4 widget? Doesn't do anything on my Motorola Atrix.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rddat View Post
    Haven't looked for other posts re: this specific issue because of time constraints.

Would love to see enhanced DejaToday 4x4 Widget with navigation buttons across bottom to include: Memos, Expenses, Tasks, & Contacts.

Also, what's the purpose of the Sync symbol on the 4x4 widget? Doesn't do anything on my Motorola Atrix.
    Hello rrdat,

Thank you for the suggestions regarding the Widget. I will forward them to the dev team.
    Regarding your question bout the 'sync' icon, that is used to simply refresh the data in the DejaToday Widget display. Nothing will happen if there isn't anything new to display, so that may explain why you got the result you reported.

Thomas,

Thanks for your response. Re: the sync icon, thought that's what it did, but haven't had enough activities/tasks to require refresh action.

On another issue re: Tasks, would be great if the "complete" box were available on the Task List, rather than having to go to the individual Task screen (especially since anything other than 100% complete required editing the item). Just a thought.

FYI - wasn't sure about moving to DJO following the demise of my 12 year old Treo. However, it's working out better than I thought it would. Kudos.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rddat View Post
    Thomas,

Thanks for your response. Re: the sync icon, thought that's what it did, but haven't had enough activities/tasks to require refresh action.

On another issue re: Tasks, would be great if the "complete" box were available on the Task List, rather than having to go to the individual Task screen (especially since anything other than 100% complete required editing the item). Just a thought.

FYI - wasn't sure about moving to DJO following the demise of my 12 year old Treo. However, it's working out better than I thought it would. Kudos.
    rrdat, A twelve year old Treo... Was it a Handspring?
    Minor correction though, they were not released until 2002 if I recall correctly. I worked on the QA team prior to it's release. But either way, old school, you just earned some cred with me.

How to handle 90% of the need for Android "today" widget for DejaOffice DJO

here's the concept: the 4 x 4 is fine. it just needs an additional "show" setting: this setting is: to show next x (we supply x) number of appointments, followed by tasks due today. that will give us the control we need and handle 90% of the objections.
    we change x depending on the ratio of calendar items vs. task that we know we have. and it's great to have it all on one screen.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickyvee View Post
    here's the concept: the 4 x 4 is fine. it just needs an additional "show" setting: this setting is: to show next x (we supply x) number of appointments, followed by tasks due today. that will give us the control we need and handle 90% of the objections.
    we change x depending on the ratio of calendar items vs. task that we know we have. and it's great to have it all on one screen.
    I like it Ricky...

Thank you that is a great suggestion.