Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: "sync with android calendar app" not working

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2

    "sync with android calendar app" not working

    Hello: I tried to find an answer to this little problem in the Forum or the FAQ - without success, so here goes:

    Setup:
    1. Syncing my Outlook 2007 (on Win 7 laptop) with HTC Aria (Android from AT&T), using CompanionLink on the Laptop (Version 3.0 / build 3101) and DejaOffice on the Aria (Version 1.5.6). HTC Sync not running
    2. in "General Sync Setting" - Google is unchecked for "auto-sync." I don't use Google apps or Gmail.
    3. in DejaOffice Sync Settings - "sync with android calendar app" and "sync with android contacts app" are both checked.

    Problem: Even after several times of successful syncing of calendar, contacts, tasks and notes with Outlook, the Android contacts app on the phone picks up the contacts from Dejaoffice. HOWEVER, the Android calendar app remains blank.

    Any ideas as to why and the solution / workaround?

    Admittedly a minor problem, but annoying... TXS and good weekend, All. EM

  2. #2
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    226
    Your settings sound correct. Does an event that you add to the Aria calendar sync to DejaOffice? Is it possible you are viewing the wrong Aria calendar? DejaOffice syncs to your Aria's "Google account" calendar (even if you're not syncing it with Google).

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Your settings sound correct. Does an event that you add to the Aria calendar sync to DejaOffice? Is it possible you are viewing the wrong Aria calendar? DejaOffice syncs to your Aria's "Google account" calendar (even if you're not syncing it with Google).
    TXS, Eric: I guess we will never know...<g>: The problems I reported were with the trial verssion. By the time I went back to work on the problem the trial version ran out. I gulped hard and paid my $40 for the software. For good measure I also did a hard reset on the Aria, uninstalled the trial version including scrubbing the registry and installed a clean version (4.0 build 4003). Things appear "normal" although the synchronization process isn't smooth. It takes a long time it's hard to tell whether the process is in an endless loop, truly working, or simply crashed. So it takes a few tries. One way or another - once the sync process is done - things appear to be where they belong.

    BTW - although the instructions aren't specific, on the Aria there are three "connection types:" "charge only," "HTC sync" and "disk drive." Since I disabled "HTC Sync" I'm running the CompanionLink/DejaOffice sync using the "charge only" connection type. I assume that's how you have planned it. Good luck with your continuing efforts and improvements. EM

  4. #4
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    226
    Thanks, EM! Yes, selecting "charge only" is appropriate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •