Thread: Request change in execution of Font Size command under General Settings

Thumbs down Request change in execution of Font Size command under General Settings

Dear Deja Office Team,

Changing th Font Size under General Settings only changes the font of the main page of the sub-app. For example, when I change the font to Micro, only the main page of Deja notes is set to micro. When I open a particular note, all the font is still default Delightful Bold. It is like trying to read a legal document written in the huge font size of a children's story book. It makes it very difficult to read passwords, codes, etc. that span more than one line of the screen.

Would greatly appreciate our Deja Office developer changing the Font command to apply to all pages in Deja Office. Look forward to your reply.

Found this out a day or so ago while playing around with different screens. After you open the Note, or Contact, long press on the screen. Another type size selection pop-up appears allowing you to change this screen size. From then on it always comes back up in the size selected. I don't think it is a bad feature. Allows me to have the main screen in one size and the sub in another.

individual page / note files do not change font size

Thanks for your reply bry54. I experimented with the long press. This is the same command found in General Settings. It changes font for the entire Deja Office, but when individual files are opened, the font is still default Delightful Bold.

Deja Office is a wonderful program and a real must have for me. I'm hoping our Deja Office team can get this font quirk changed.

deja evo - sorry it didn't work for you. I tried mine again and seems to be working for me. These are the steps I used.
    General Settings > Font Size > Business (this setting does change reset all screens to Business Size) I then use the back button (button to the right of Menu on Eris) and back all the way out to the main DJO screen.
    Press Contacts > Select a contact from All Categories > Long press on the contact screen > Select Delightful (font size changes to Delightful.) I then use the back button again and back all the way out of DJO again.
    The next time I start DJO > Contacts my Category is still displayed in Business size and a Contact selected from the Category screen comes up in Delightful size.
    I also tested long press on the Category screen > selected Micro (screen changed to Micro) > selected a contact and it displayed in Delightful. Went back to Category and long press > changed back to Business and a selected contact and it still came up in Delightful.
    But, if I go back to General settings and change the size here, all screens are again re-set to the size selected and I have to start over.

I have an Eris with 2.1. Whether this makes a difference or not... ??? Try this better explanation of the steps, maybe it will work this time.
    There isn't a whole lot of size difference between Business & Delightful but enough that it helps me.

Good Luck!

bry54 - Thanks for your suggestion. I tried the steps you gave:

General Settings > Font Size > Business (this setting does change reset all screens to Business Size) I then use the back button (button to the right of Menu on Eris) and back all the way out to the main DJO screen.
    Press Contacts > Select a contact from All Categories > Long press on the contact screen At this point [on the EVO] there is not an option for changing font size > Select Delightful (font size changes to Delightful.) I then use the back button again and back all the way out of DJO again....

This may be a font change glitch when DJO is used on the EVO. Anyone else have a recommendation?

DejaOffice Team Member
    deja evo, the font size for all apps can be controlled from the DejaOffice "General Settings", but you can specify a different font for each app as described by bry54. I went through the steps you described below, and it seemed to work for me. What is the font change glitch you saw? You mentioned that there was no option for changing font size, but then you said that you were able to change it to Delightful.

Eric, good to have you in the thread.

1. In the EVO [2.1-update 1], a font change in any app changes fonts in all the apps. It does not allow the user to specify a different font for each app as described by bry54. ie. Change in font to Micro in DejaContacts by long tap simultaneously changes the font to Micro in DejaNotes.

2. The glitch is the inability to change font size within a contact or note file. Changing the Font Size under General Settings only changes the font of the main page of the app. For example, when I change the font to Micro, only the main page of Deja notes is set to micro. When I open a particular note, all the font is still default Delightful Bold. The same occurs when changing font with the long tap method within an app.

The steps detailed by bry54 for changing font within a contact/note file do not work on the EVO [2.1-update 1]. Are you troubleshooting with the same phone?

DejaOffice Team Member
    deja evo, we'll see if we can replicate this on our EVO here.

DejaOffice Team Member
    deja evo, we haven't been able to duplicate this behavior, even using our EVO. Are you on the newest version of DejaOffice (currently 1.5.6)? If not, please give the new version a try.