Thread: RequestL DejaOffice widget

RequestL DejaOffice widget

It would be nice if one could have the DejaOffice main page (the one with the misc. icons for calendar, contacts, tasks, notes, DejaToday, etc.) as a widget, so one could place it onto the desktop (or one of the desktop "tabs" in HTC Sense). That way it would be easier and faster to access the misc. components.

"DejaToday" might also be a good candidate for a widget...

Michael
    HTC Desire (Android v2.2 / Froyo)

You can add any of the individual DO components to one of your menu screens. Press and hold a blank space and then when the menu comes up select Shortcuts. Select DejaOffice and you can then select what program you want (contacts, calendar etc.)

I don't know if this is specific to the incredible, or specific to me (it's happened before due to some weird admixing of apps and running services), but when I use the shortcuts, and sometimes when I use the selections within the DJO main screen, it doesn't matter what I press, I get the last DJO screen I was looking at. For example, if I used Calendar to look at two weeks from now, then back-arrowed out or home-screened out, did something else, then press either the shortcut to Contacts or Today, I'll get the screen with two weeks from now. Back out and press Contacts or Today again and I get the correct screen. Not a big problem, but a curious thing to happen.

I think thats a good idea. Kind of like the HTC calender widget that shows the next few events on your canender (Agenda) or the smaller one that just shows the next one.

Arch - Thanks I didnt know you could do that, that is handy
    Last edited by Heidrick; 07-12-2010 at 08:21 PM.
    Cameron
    HTC Hero - Outlook BCM '07

Quote Originally Posted by Arch View Post
    You can add any of the individual DO components to one of your menu screens. Press and hold a blank space and then when the menu comes up select Shortcuts. Select DejaOffice and you can then select what program you want (contacts, calendar etc.)
    The shortcut generally does not work -- more often than not any shotcut will take you to the last DO app open, essentially worthless.

tenholde

That's a bummer.

DejaOffice Team Member
    This is only true if you press the Android home button instead of backing out of DejaOffice. However, we plan to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch View Post
    On my HTC Magic, I went into the Applications screen and did a press and hold on the dejaOffice icon. I was then brought to the HTC Sense screen where I could choose which panel I wanted it added to. Sort of like what you said, but in reverse. I now have the DejaOffice icon on my 2nd panel which opens to the main DejaOffice screen each time.
    I have also used the process you describe to add the Sync icon (only) to my main screen.