Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: After 1.2.2 update

After 1.2.2 update

Just updated & followed the "Import Contacts" instructions then ran a sync, everything looked fine, but then changed a contact in Outlook (removed a work phone number) and re-synced and the contact is unchanged in DJO contacts. Are there additional settings that need to change?

Also, does this change to using the DJO contacts database mean that other Apps don't have access to the contacts?

Tks - Matt

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone View Post
    Just updated & followed the "Import Contacts" instructions then ran a sync, everything looked fine, but then changed a contact in Outlook (removed a work phone number) and re-synced and the contact is unchanged in DJO contacts. Are there additional settings that need to change?

Also, does this change to using the DJO contacts database mean that other Apps don't have access to the contacts?

Tks - Matt
    Hi Matt,

Other third party apps do not have access to the DJO contacts database. THat is why we offer the option to Sync with the native iOS Contacts database. This allows you to customize your experience. I personally put a hedge around my business contacts and keep them in DJO. All my personal contact info is stored in the iOS database. THat just works for me but now you have the flexibility to decide.

What build of CompanionLink are you using?

Hey Thomas - Maybe I misunderstood the DJO 1.2.2 release notes that say "DejaOffice no longer stores its contacts in the Apple contacts app." Doesn't that mean we can't use the iOS Contacts database. How / where is the setting to "decide".

I am using CL Build 4042. I have synced 4 more times since 6/1 and the contact still has not updated on the phone (DejaContacts or Apple), nor has the phone contact overwritten the Outlook one? It seems like the sync is just ignoring the difference.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hey Thomas - Maybe I misunderstood the DJO 1.2.2 release notes that say "DejaOffice no longer stores its contacts in the Apple contacts app." Doesn't that mean we can't use the iOS Contacts database. How / where is the setting to "decide".

I am using CL Build 4042. I have synced 4 more times since 6/1 and the contact still has not updated on the phone (DejaContacts or Apple), nor has the phone contact overwritten the Outlook one? It seems like the sync is just ignoring the difference.
    Hi Matt,

The when you first opened 1.2.2 there was screen prompting you import your Contacts from the native iOS database. Did you import?
    That is going to determine how the data is managed.
    http://www.companionlink.com/blog/

There is a great explanation here.

The separate Contacts database allows us to do things with Contacts that we were blocked from doing before.

DejaOffice Team Member

Can you try updating to 4044 and then turn on logging.
    1. Open CompanionLink Setup on your PC Desktop.
    2. Press "CTRL"+"SHIFT"+"L"
    3. Sync your phone.

Let me know what happens after the sync with 4044.
    If it doesn't work as expected we can examine the log.

After 1.2.2 update

Still didn't sync / I tried to attache the log but uploader said file too large (2.5M).

As far as the DJO vs iOS contact database, what I found in the blog is "If youd like to take advantage of features that the native address book offers (such as caller ID), you will still be able to sync DejaContacts with the native Address Book.", but it didn't say how.....?

Matt

DejaOffice Team Member
    I will send you a private message with instructions on what to do with the log.
    Too much spam if we open the forums to people to post files like that.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Still didn't sync / I tried to attache the log but uploader said file too large (2.5M).

As far as the DJO vs iOS contact database, what I found in the blog is "If youd like to take advantage of features that the native address book offers (such as caller ID), you will still be able to sync DejaContacts with the native Address Book.", but it didn't say how.....?

Matt
    Matt,

You can either run the setup wizard. Or:
    1. Open DejaOffice
    2. Select Settings and then tap the "Sync with Apple's Contacts" option.
    3. Sync your Phone. (I get the irony that the sync issue is you reported is probably preventing this.)

Please try this and report back what happens next.

That is the setting it was on all this time. See attached.ContactDBsetting.jpg

I understand the spam issue, just let me know how to get the log to you.

Thanks - Matt

Oh, and to confirm I did run the Import Contacts when I first opened 1.2.2.