Thread: Linking DejaContact to Calendar

Linking DejaContact to Calendar

Hey all - I hope this is a dumb question and that I am simply overlooking something, but I would like to be able to add an activity to my dejacalendar and have it linked to one of my dejacontacts. I do not see anything in the dejacontacts that allows me to do this, and when I go to the calendar and click to link a contact, it only gives me the option to link a contact from my ipad contacts, but not from my dejacontacts.

Is this really the case or am I missing something?

Thanks!

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MSteps View Post
    Hey all - I hope this is a dumb question and that I am simply overlooking something, but I would like to be able to add an activity to my dejacalendar and have it linked to one of my dejacontacts. I do not see anything in the dejacontacts that allows me to do this, and when I go to the calendar and click to link a contact, it only gives me the option to link a contact from my ipad contacts, but not from my dejacontacts.

Is this really the case or am I missing something?

Thanks!
    Hello MSteps,

When adding a Calendar Event in DejaOffice scroll down to where you see the "Add Contact Link" field. Tap that and add a contact record.
    Let me know if you have any problems accomplishing this.

In DejaCal, clicking on an event shows event details including the Contact(s) for that event. However, nothing happens when one clicks on these contacts.

*** It would be very useful if clicking on this contact in the calendar details transferred one to that contact in the DejaContacts list. ***

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeclarkusa View Post
    In DejaCal, clicking on an event shows event details including the Contact(s) for that event. However, nothing happens when one clicks on these contacts.

*** It would be very useful if clicking on this contact in the calendar details transferred one to that contact in the DejaContacts list. ***
    Hi Mike,

I agree with you and we are working on a complete rewrite of DejaCalendar for iPhone right now. This is a standard feature we intend to include in the new Calendar.