Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DJO 1.12.0beta must click OK twice after sync

One problem, and this is really a problem with Android, is that there are certain problems that only happen to some users on some phones. This is one. I do not have this problem. Ever. I probably have odd things that happen that don't happen to you. Problems that happen across many different implementations of Android will be quickly solved. However, when it only shows up in certain cases, given the large number of variables, it may take quite some time to fix since it is hard to simulate everyone's context.

Actually, the problem isn't even Android, per se. It is that each manufacturer and each carrier mucks with Android, since it is open source, differently.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be frustrated, nor that you shouldn't keep after a fix. I'm not being critical at all. Just trying to provide some perspective. Palm was Palm was Palm, at least before NVFS.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    It also opens and leaves the DJO Homescreen open, even if the sync has been started from a shortcut.
    Should be changed back to the behavior of 1.11.9 as well.
    Hi McLion -

We're seeing the same thing here, and have sent the issue to our development team. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Arno -

I'd like to clarify what you're seeing:

1. Tap Sync in DejaOffice
    2. When PC Sync finishes, tap 'OK' in DejaOffice
    3. When the DejaOffice sync finishes (and the sync with the Android applications), 'Sync Complete' displays and does not disappear - is this correct?

We checked version 1.11.9 but saw that the 'Sync Complete' message did remain until pressing 'OK'. Are you starting the sync from inside the application, or from the Sync icon?

Thanks in advance.

Belinda,

yes, I connect HTC Desire via USB to PC, "charge only".
    1. I tap sync in DJO -> PC tries to open a new disk and asks to open it or to run a program etc.
    1.a Often at this point the 'OK' on the device disappears is if sync has finished, which is wrong and an error which should be discussed in another thread.
    2. If the 'OK' stays Companionlink syncs with Outlook and after that displays 'press OK on the device.....'; then I tap 'OK' on the device
    3. Then the device seems to sync between DJO and Android and after that again it displays the 'OK'. So this time I have to tap 'OK' on the device once again.
    4. After this I have to tap 'OK' on the PC which to my opinion also could be avoided.

1. In earlier versions there was only one tap 'OK' on the device necessary.
    2. In later versions of companionlink the additional nessecity of tapping 'OK' on the PC was added (to my opinion without any need)
    3. In the latest DJO versions (at least 1.12.x, but perhaps even in 1.11.9) the second 'OK' tap in DJO has been added, again without any need.

Hope this is clear, and sorry for my "german" English...

Regards
    Arno
    (old, not longer used: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) with Android 4.1.2 (German language))
    Doogee Dagger DG550 with Android 4.4.2 (German language)
    CL 7 build 7022
    DJO for Android 4.1.6 (924)
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2
    Sync: ADB Mode (DejaConnect USB)
    Sync only with one single PC

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProTel-BS View Post
    Belinda,

yes, I connect HTC Desire via USB to PC, "charge only".
    1. I tap sync in DJO -> PC tries to open a new disk and asks to open it or to run a program etc.
    1.a Often at this point the 'OK' on the device disappears is if sync has finished, which is wrong and an error which should be discussed in another thread.
    2. If the 'OK' stays Companionlink syncs with Outlook and after that displays 'press OK on the device.....'; then I tap 'OK' on the device
    3. Then the device seems to sync between DJO and Android and after that again it displays the 'OK'. So this time I have to tap 'OK' on the device once again.
    4. After this I have to tap 'OK' on the PC which to my opinion also could be avoided.

1. In earlier versions there was only one tap 'OK' on the device necessary.
    2. In later versions of companionlink the additional nessecity of tapping 'OK' on the PC was added (to my opinion without any need)
    3. In the latest DJO versions (at least 1.12.x, but perhaps even in 1.11.9) the second 'OK' tap in DJO has been added, again without any need.

Hope this is clear, and sorry for my "german" English...

Regards
    Arno
    Arno,

There are very specific needs for this process. It is as designed. I am in the process of reviewing "Customer Experience" regarding our sync processes and will be submitting recommendations to the Dev team for revising this process in certain circumstances. Your feedback is noted and I will add the information to the research I am doing.

Thank you for your input.

Thomas,

I'm not agreed with this answer, sorry.
    I think it is not possible that the necessity of clicking OK three (!!!) times (two times on device and once on PC) after each sync is "as designed".
    If so, it is a very poor design.

Is there really no way to find a more user friendly design?

Regards
    Arno
    (old, not longer used: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) with Android 4.1.2 (German language))
    CL 7 build 7022
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thomas,

I'm not agreed with this answer, sorry.
    I think it is not possible that the necessity of clicking OK three (!!!) times (two times on device and once on PC) after each sync is "as designed".
    If so, it is a very poor design.

Is there really no way to find a more user friendly design?

Regards
    Arno
    Arno,

The answer is Yes. There is always a better way. We are evaluating this process right now. I understand you don't like it. I hear that clearly. We are doing an evaluation right now of the Sync process and the Customer experience of the Sync process. If it is possible to streamline this we will.

Hi,

installed DJO 1.12.3beta.
    The last two or three syncs things seem to be better: only one click "OK" necessary after sync and DJO closes automatically when sync has been started via shortcut from HTC Sense desktop.
    Only the (really necessary ?) click "OK" in companionlink stayed.

Thank you!

Regards
    Arno
    CL 7 build 7022
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi,

installed DJO 1.12.3beta.
    The last two or three syncs things seem to be better: only one click "OK" necessary after sync and DJO closes automatically when sync has been started via shortcut from HTC Sense desktop.
    Only the (really necessary ?) click "OK" in companionlink stayed.

Thank you!

Regards
    Arno
    Hi Arno,

Glad to hear things are more efficient for you now.