Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calendar sync crashes

Calendar sync crashes

I recently changed my tablet from an Android to an Ipad2.
    I could properly migrate companionlink (4.0 Build 4048)
    and configure synchronisation over Wifi. However, when
    performing my first sync from Outlook to the Ipad,
    companionlink got stuck on the PC and crashed on the Ipad
    during calendar sync. So I tried to explicitly sync contacs,
    tasks, notes without the calendar and this worked fine.
    Then I tried to sync the calendar alone, which got stuck
    on the PC at 9220 entries, however, saying complete.
    on the Ipad Dejaoffice has crashed again.
    I can sync without any problem with the built-in calendar
    application with iTunes.
    Is it a bug, some buffer overflow, or am I missing something?
    As said, the sync of my calendar worked on the Android.

My calendar sync on my iPhone also crashes. I start the sync and there is a connection and the iPhone goes through the contacts and the calendar and then waits for a reply from the PC. CompanionLink on the PC is sitting with the green "connecting" bar and the rolling "doughnut". Task Manager says "Running" but it is in fact hung and must be killed in the Task Manager. I really need to sync between my PC and my iPhone. Help

I downloaded and installed Build 4048. Now when I start synch dejaOffice immediately says "Sync Complete" and CompanionLink says "Sync Did Not Finish". This all used to work reasonably well , but the recent builds seem to have really messed it up.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by terrys View Post
    I downloaded and installed Build 4048. Now when I start synch dejaOffice immediately says "Sync Complete" and CompanionLink says "Sync Did Not Finish". This all used to work reasonably well , but the recent builds seem to have really messed it up.
    Hi Terry,

Dejaoffice 1.2.5 includes a complete rewrite of the calendar code. It is currently in testing phases in house. We apologize if you have experienced any personal inconvenience with this.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by selberherr View Post
    I recently changed my tablet from an Android to an Ipad2.
    I could properly migrate companionlink (4.0 Build 4048)
    and configure synchronisation over Wifi. However, when
    performing my first sync from Outlook to the Ipad,
    companionlink got stuck on the PC and crashed on the Ipad
    during calendar sync. So I tried to explicitly sync contacs,
    tasks, notes without the calendar and this worked fine.
    Then I tried to sync the calendar alone, which got stuck
    on the PC at 9220 entries, however, saying complete.
    on the Ipad Dejaoffice has crashed again.
    I can sync without any problem with the built-in calendar
    application with iTunes.
    Is it a bug, some buffer overflow, or am I missing something?
    As said, the sync of my calendar worked on the Android.
    Hi selberherr,

Some apple devices have issues with the calendar sync. We have spent a lot of time and energy tracking this down and it seems to be very random and intermittent. Our next release of DejaOffice for iPhone is a complete rewrite of the calendar code to addrees this and other UI issues with the Calendar app. Look for it's release soon.

Calendar sync crashes

I am new to Deja Office, (v1.2.4)but I have PC and use Companion link to link with Deja office. I have had Calendar Sync problems with Outlook and now with ChaosIntellect (Time and Chaos). I am syncing via wifi. The same problem as described below occurs. syncing contact and tasks is just fine, but not calendar. I am wondering if it is the number of entries. I have about 6000. Is there a way to limit the number of entries synced, eg. only last 10 days forward, etc. I can follow the progress and it read all the calendar entries from Chaos. Then it begins to import into Deja office. It does say calendar done, but what seems to be happening is that DeJa Office is in the processing of importing all the data. Unlike the importing for tasks and contact where you see the import/sync progress, it closes Deja office and if I try to open it, it will automatically close within about 15-30 seconds. after about 20 minutes I closed it with Windows task master and a very small number of the entries have been imported. I am wondering if Deja Office is having problems with the size of the data group.

Also, does it work better if I use the CompanionLink secure wireless server?

Thanks.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am syncing with and IPAD2. Thanks

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DJO-Chaos View Post
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am syncing with and IPAD2. Thanks

Hello DJO-CHAOS,

Try the wireless sync method. (You can actually set up a demo account without providing payment info.)
    We have a known issue with Calendar Sync that occurs in some random devices. Some users have had success with the secure wireless sync.
    DejaOffice 1.2.5 is going to include a complete rewrite of the code for DejaCalendar so we expect this problem to go away soon.
    Make sure you do a "Purge and Reload all" on the first sync if you change the sync method.

Calendar sync still crashes

I still cannot sync my calendar properly and I suspect it has something to do with the number of entries. I have exactly 9318 entries, which appears to be to much for the ipad2 implementation of DejaOffice. Amazingly the synchronization with iTunes works perfectly well.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by selberherr View Post
    I still cannot sync my calendar properly and I suspect it has something to do with the number of entries. I have exactly 9318 entries, which appears to be to much for the ipad2 implementation of DejaOffice. Amazingly the synchronization with iTunes works perfectly well.
    Hello selberherr,

Thank you for posting this information.
    Can you please provide some additional information for us so we can try to resolve this issue for you.

iOS Device Model and OS.
    DejaOffice Version #
    CompanionLink Build #
    Sync Method (WiFi or Secure Hosted)