Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1.12.xbeta not showing all all day events in calendar day view

Thomas,

did you meanwhile check this on 3rd October, same happens to 17th October and many other dates.
    I mostly use day view so it is dangerous when I miss an all day event because it is not shown.
    When may I expect a fix?

Regards
    Arno
    (old, not longer used: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) with Android 4.1.2 (German language))
    Doogee Dagger DG550 with Android 4.4.2 (German language)
    CL 7 build 7022
    DJO for Android 4.1.6 (924)
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2
    Sync: ADB Mode (DejaConnect USB)
    Sync only with one single PC

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProTel-BS View Post
    Thomas,

did you meanwhile check this on 3rd October, same happens to 17th October and many other dates.
    I mostly use day view so it is dangerous when I miss an all day event because it is not shown.
    When may I expect a fix?

Regards
    Arno
    Arno,

The DB file you sent was not zipped and we are unable to open the data file. Please resubmit with a zipped version of the file.
    I sent you a private message with specific instructions.

Hi,

installed 1.12.3beta.

Now in day and week view these events are displayed! Thank you!

But I discovered a new bug?
    Yesterday (Thursday) I had two all day events (no category set at all). One of them recurring once a week on each Thursday, the other one recurring every day.
    Directly after sync I opened day view calendar for Thursday (via shortcut from HTC Sense desktop). There only the "every day recurring" event has been displayed.
    Then in day view I swept left to change to Wednesday and back again to Thursday: hurra both events have been displayed!

Please have a look at this.

Regards
    Arno
    (old, not longer used: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) with Android 4.1.2 (German language))
    CL 7 build 7022
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi,

installed 1.12.3beta.

Now in day and week view these events are displayed! Thank you!

But I discovered a new bug?
    Yesterday (Thursday) I had two all day events (no category set at all). One of them recurring once a week on each Thursday, the other one recurring every day.
    Directly after sync I opened day view calendar for Thursday (via shortcut from HTC Sense desktop). There only the "every day recurring" event has been displayed.
    Then in day view I swept left to change to Wednesday and back again to Thursday: hurra both events have been displayed!

Please have a look at this.

Regards
    Arno
    Arno,

This is likely due to the application loading the database while you were viewing the calendar right after a sync.
    I will have a look at it.
    I can also suggest using the "Rebuild Calendar Display" option in the DejaOffice Calendar Settings menu if the the events do not display in a reasonable amount of time.

Hi Thomas,

I remember that after a sync when I enter a calendar view I get the message "Calendar display is rebuilt" and then the view is displayed. At this time I had only one all day event displayed. For a test I let this view open for several minutes and I expected when display rebuilding has finished in the background the display would be refreshed and show both events.

Obviously this is not right and the refresh is only done manually when I (for example) change the displayed day back and forth. I didn't test the "Rebuild Calendar Display" option but I think it doesn't help, I think it is a refresh problem after rebuilding display.

Regards
    Arno
    CL 7 build 7022
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi Thomas,

I remember that after a sync when I enter a calendar view I get the message "Calendar display is rebuilt" and then the view is displayed. At this time I had only one all day event displayed. For a test I let this view open for several minutes and I expected when display rebuilding has finished in the background the display would be refreshed and show both events.

Obviously this is not right and the refresh is only done manually when I (for example) change the displayed day back and forth. I didn't test the "Rebuild Calendar Display" option but I think it doesn't help, I think it is a refresh problem after rebuilding display.

Regards
    Arno
    Hi Arno,

I will check with the dev team to see if it is possible to optimize the refresh process in the calendar.