Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to sync, what a mess

Trying to sync, what a mess

Hi,

I really hope I can get some help here.

Ive tried to get my contacts, tasks and calendar synced with my android phone, google and outlook 2010 (work and home). Ive bought companionlink.
    Right now everything is a mess, I have several duplicates in tasks, calenadar and contacts in both outlook, google and my phone and absolutely no idea how to solve this.
    What I need to get working is If I add something new, change or delete something on either of my phone, outlook or google the other places will be updated aswell.

Is this even possible? and is it possible to get this automated?

Hope to get some help here. All I want is my last changes updated to the other places I use when I work.

Edit: I would also like to have both DejaOffice contacts and Android contacts to be the same.

Edit: pictuer that show how my calendar looks like now.

Last edited by kim.solheim; 09-08-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Ehm? where did my post go?

Guess ill rewrite the issue I have when i get home.

Just noticed when trying to sync that I get this error:

Code:
    Unable to connect with Server. 
    Status code: 503
    Internet Error: 0
    {
     "error": {
      "errors": [
       {
        "domain": "global",
        "reason": "backendError",
        "message": "Backend Error"
       }
      ],
      "code": 503,
      "message": "Backend Error"
     }
    }

Just a follow up, I started to delete the duplicates and synced once again. The result? My calendar is almost empty! Ive lost so much data now that im not sure what to do.

I would really appriciate some help.

Did you follow the guides on the companionlink support webpage?
    It is important to not sync the Android to Google while syncing to Outlook.
    What Device, Android version, syncing method ... you need to share some more information.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

Another error:

Code:
    Status code: 500
    Internal Error
    This is just useless

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kim.solheim View Post
    Another error:

Code:
    Status code: 500
    Internal Error
    This is just useless
    Hi Kim,

I would love to help. Can you please describe the circumstances that generate this error?
    Also, have you gone through the setup guides for your specific configuration?
    http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Setup_Guides

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Hi Kim,

I would love to help. Can you please describe the circumstances that generate this error?

Hi Kim,

I just saw your support ticket inquiry. I will respond completely to your email asap, but in the mean time. If you are using DejaOffice there are only three possible sync methods.
    1. USB
    2. WiFi
    3. Secure hosted Sync.

You can use CompanionLink on your desktop to Google. However there are a lot of Outlook data formats that are completely incompatible with Google.
    It takes some time to get used to the all of the quirks of the Android platform. We will help you figure this stuff out and come up with a plan that works for you.

Hi Kim,

Hi, I can't remeber what I did to cause this error. I think it was sync'ing for a long time, then suddenly that error came up.

Hi Kim,

I just saw your support ticket inquiry. I will respond completely to your email asap, but in the mean time. If you are using DejaOffice there are only three possible sync methods.
    1. USB
    2. WiFi
    3. Secure hosted Sync.

You can use CompanionLink on your desktop to Google. However there are a lot of Outlook data formats that are completely incompatible with Google.
    It takes some time to get used to the all of the quirks of the Android platform. We will help you figure this stuff out and come up with a plan that works for you.
    I will educate myself abit more regarding the issues I have and see if I can solve it. Right now I need to find a solution to remove all the duplicates in contacts, tasks and calendar.
    Mobile Device and OS: HTC Desire S
    DejaOffice version# 1.11.9
    CompanionLink build # 5001
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..) Outlook
    Sync Method Not sure yet.

Thank you for the reply both here and mail Thomas,

I will try to educate myself abit more to find a solution. I just have to find out how I can get this to communicate with google as main source of information. Problem is how I can get the contacts and tasks to be updated on all three sources (phone, google and outlook) I use another app for calendar that I am really happy with, wont mention which

So, ill try to empty both my phone and outlook now completely, clear up the duplicates in google and start from there.

Regards Kim
    Mobile Device and OS: HTC Desire S
    DejaOffice version# 1.11.9
    CompanionLink build # 5001
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..) Outlook
    Sync Method Not sure yet.