Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Read android data not working

Read android data not working

t-mobile HTC sensation
    I installed dejaoffice on the phone
    I hit the read android data button.
    Not all of my contacts were copyed the ones that were not copied were also deleted from the phone.
    I restored backup copy of the contacts.
    and tried again
    this time the same contacts were missing but were not deleted from the phone.

This is pretty bad. can't even copy the contacts from the phone to dejaoffice app.

Are all contacts in one account of Android?
    Which account is it?
    Did youset up this account in DJO prefernces before hitting Read Android Data?
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

Phone crashes after "Read Android Data" and no Contacts transfered to Deja

Hi, I wanted to get my 1300+ Android Contacts into the Category "No Category" of DJO Contacts.

So I deleted (moved to a save Place) all Contacts in the Palm Desktop and did a sync using Companion Link which rightfully deleted all Contacts in DJO. This I did, to prevent all DJO contacts to sync to the Droid Contacts which is what you do not want!

Then I went through the Setup Wizard, to tune DJO to get my Android Contacts and hit "Read Android Data".

It seemingly does that - arrives at 100% but none of my Droid Contacts are in DJO! And the Phone Freezes and then Crashes and Restarts automatically.

Could you help please?
    Win10 - Palm Desktop 4.1 - IPhone 5s IOS 12 - DJO for IOS v2.4.0(1058) - CL 7.0.34.0 (B.7034) - Local USB Sync

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOS View Post
    Hi, I wanted to get my 1300+ Android Contacts into the Category "No Category" of DJO Contacts.

So I deleted (moved to a save Place) all Contacts in the Palm Desktop and did a sync using Companion Link which rightfully deleted all Contacts in DJO. This I did, to prevent all DJO contacts to sync to the Droid Contacts which is what you do not want!

Then I went through the Setup Wizard, to tune DJO to get my Android Contacts and hit "Read Android Data".

It seemingly does that - arrives at 100% but none of my Droid Contacts are in DJO! And the Phone Freezes and then Crashes and Restarts automatically.

Could you help please?
    PlamOs,

What account did you select in the DejaOffice Sync Settings?
    What is the end goal you have that you are trying to accomplish?

If this were me I would delete all my Android Contact Data and then do a Purge and Relaod Sync from CompanionLink.
    That should overwrite DejaOffice and Android Contacts with the Contact Data in Palm Desktop.

[b]Big Desaster![/b]

[QUOTE=Thomas;7760]PlamOs,

If this were me I would delete all my Android Contact Data and then do a Purge and Reload Sync from CompanionLink.
    That should overwrite DejaOffice and Android Contacts with the Contact Data in Palm Desktop.[/QUOT

Thanks, Thomas!

The account selected in DJO Sync settings was my Gmail account or just "Contacts" (only those two Options exist) - I tried both, same result!

Now your Question about my End Goal:

I had my Previous Phone Contact in the Android Contacts because they are just simple Contacts, mostly just one or two Numbers and a Name. That is the "Working" List, for the SMS (recognizes Sender) recent Call List etc.
    Now the List in DJO is my previous Palm List, which is much more complex: Addresses, many Tel, Fax,etc numbers, Notes etc., but does not have many of the new Changes.
    Now my Goal was to have that list in one Category in DJO.
    My plan was then not to sync that back and forth to DJO because that would be to much work, but to manually copy only the Importand Contacts into that List in DJO.

And then I did what you said (before I read your answer) and did a "Purge and Reload Sync" which resulted in a Big Disaster, because it "Purged and Reloaded" the Nothingness of DJO Contacts into my vital Droid Contacts and I was left with NOTHING and no backup on top of it!

Then I used Companion Link to Sync my old Pre to the Palm Desktop, exported V card File and imported into Google and now I am back running, but with a loss of nearly 200 new or updated Contacts.

Looked just now at an App called "UiA - Backup Contacts" just to avoid a similar Scenario.

Even now, as I try "Get Android Data" it does start to Sync, but stops very Quickly and says: Sync complete, but nothing has been pulled into DJO Contacts!

I also uninstalled, reinstalled DJO
    Win10 - Palm Desktop 4.1 - IPhone 5s IOS 12 - DJO for IOS v2.4.0(1058) - CL 7.0.34.0 (B.7034) - Local USB Sync

If my ultimate goal is to get my contacts into Dejaoffice, then how will deleting all of my contacts help?
    and doing a purge.
    if I delete all of my contacts and do a purge then how do I get them back?

This is exactly what Purge and Reload does. It cleans out all of the Android contacts and repopulates with a fresh copy from your desktop - one way from desktop to Android.
    To be able to help you need to answer the questions from Thomas:
    - What account ...
    - What is the end goal ...
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

Big Desaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    PlamOs,

If this were me I would delete all my Android Contact Data and then do a Purge and Relaod Sync from CompanionLink.
    That should overwrite DejaOffice and Android Contacts with the Contact Data in Palm Desktop.
    Thanks, Tomas!

The account selected in DJO Sync settings was my Gmail account or just "Contacts" (only those two Options exist) - I tried both, same result!

Now your Question about my End Goal: I had my Previous Phone Contacts in the Android Contacts because they are just simple Contacts, mostly just one or two Numbers and a Name. That is the "Working" List, for the SMS (recognizes Sender) recent Call List etc. Now the List in DJO is my previous Palm List, which is much more complex (Addresses, many Tel, Fax,etc numbers, Notes etc.), but does not have many new Changes. Now my Goal was to have that "Working" list in one Category in DJO.

And then I did what you said (before I read your answer) and did a "Purge and Reload Sync" which resulted in a Big Disaster, because it "Purged and Reloaded" the Nothingness of DJO Contacts into my vital Droid Contacts and I was left with NOTHING and no backup on top of it!

Then I used Companion Link to Sync my old Pre to the Palm Desktop, exported V card File and imported into Google and now I am back running, but with a loss of nearly 200 new or updated Contacts.

Looked just now at an App called "UiA - Backup Contacts" just to avoid a similar Scenario in Future - meaning: to HAVE a Backup.

Even now, as I again tried "Get Android Data" it does start to Sync, but stops very Quickly and says: Sync complete, but nothing of my Android Contacts has been pulled into DJO Contacts! I also uninstalled, reinstalled DJO

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOS View Post
    Thanks, Tomas!

Now your Question about my End Goal: I had my Previous Phone Contacts in the Android Contacts because they are just simple Contacts, mostly just one or two Numbers and a Name. That is the "Working" List, for the SMS (recognizes Sender) recent Call List etc. Now the List in DJO is my previous Palm List, which is much more complex (Addresses, many Tel, Fax,etc numbers, Notes etc.), but does not have many new Changes. Now my Goal was to have that "Working" list in one Category in DJO.

Looked just now at an App called "UiA - Backup Contacts" just to avoid a similar Scenario in Future - meaning: to HAVE a Backup.

Even now, as I again tried "Get Android Data" it does start to Sync, but stops very Quickly and says: Sync complete, but nothing of my Android Contacts has been pulled into DJO Contacts! I also uninstalled, reinstalled DJO
    What account were those "basic" contacts in Android associated with? Knowing that will help a lot.

Hi Tomas,

on those "basic" contacts at the Bottom it says: "Linked profiles (1) Google"

I suppose, that is what you mean with "associated with". This is true for about 98% of my present Contacts in Android as that was the way I got them back on my Phone: via Google.

In my previous List which is deleted now most of them where: "Linked profiles (2) Google + Motorola Address book"
    I have disabled sync with google.

But I think I am getting it now, I Probably have to be connected to the Internet on my Phone for the initial "Get Android Data" That is what I am going to try now.

See you