Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alarm time when using an all day calendar event

Alarm time when using an all day calendar event

Hi,

I remember that in earlier versions when I used an all day event in calendar with alarm (set to 0 minutes before) the alarm triggered at 00:00 that day. This was with new events (entered in DJO or Outlook), also after sync and even after purge and reload. This behaviour seems to be o.k., Outlook does the same with such kind of events.

(Often I have such events and when I switch on my phone in the morning, the alarm comes up immediately).

Now with DJO 1.12.xbeta and CL 4050 or even CL 5002 it seems that the alarm time on my smartphone switched to 12:00 (12pm) after a "purge and reload".

Is this a known bug already?
    Is there a way to define the alarm time for all day events or at least to "shift back" the alarm time to 00:00 (12am)?

Hint: Of course I'm using same timezone on my PC and on my smartphone.

HTC Desire (german) with Android 2.3.3
    CL 5002
    DJO 1.12.1beta
    Sync (with Outlook 2003) only with one PC and only via USB

Regards
    Arno

The same thing just happened to me. An alarm at 12PM for an all day event in the future. I'm used to PalmOS alarming at 12AM for an untimed event on my old Treo 680.

Samsung SGH-T589 Gravity Smart on T-Mobile
    Android 2.2.2
    DejaOffice version 1.11.9
    CompanionLink build 4050
    PalmDesktop 4.2
    Sync Method Wi-Fi

Hi folks,

solved in 1.12.2 beta?

Regards
    Arno
    (old, not longer used: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) with Android 4.1.2 (German language))
    Doogee Dagger DG550 with Android 4.4.2 (German language)
    CL 7 build 7022
    DJO for Android 4.1.6 (924)
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2
    Sync: ADB Mode (DejaConnect USB)
    Sync only with one single PC

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProTel-BS View Post
    Hi folks,

solved in 1.12.2 beta?

Regards
    Arno
    Arno,

I am not in the office today but am monitoring forums as my circumstances allow.
    The primary reason for the 1.12.2 release was the fix for the USB sync for the Droid bionic. We had a number of customers who could not sync at all and a fix to give them.
    I hear your requests for bug fixes for the things that are not working. We are working on them. We had to get that release out to get them working.

Thomas,

perhaps this behaviour is due to an internal (not correct) timeshift?
    Perhaps this also has something to do with the time shifting of all day events (which are entered in DJO) mentioned in another thread?

Regards
    Arno
    (old, not longer used: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) with Android 4.1.2 (German language))
    CL 7 build 7022
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thomas,

perhaps this behaviour is due to an internal (not correct) timeshift?
    Perhaps this also has something to do with the time shifting of all day events (which are entered in DJO) mentioned in another thread?

Regards
    Arno
    Arno,

This is a bug. Working on a fix.

Hi all!

Palm was clever in having silenced the alarm for all day calendar events. So they were not waking you up in the middle of the night but they were on top of the screen when you, in the morning, decided to give a look to your Palm.

I don't turn off Android phone at night to have alarm clock, but DJO alarms for those events were ringing at night so I stopped to using alarms for those events.

Now they go off at midday or some minutes before depending on your setting (which is imho too late).

I suggested to DJO staff (Thomas) a couple of solutions:

1) all day events go off at midnight and you have a setup option to keep alarm silent for all day calendar events (and a different option for other timed events) to obtain a behavior similar to Palm

2) all day events go off at midday and you can setup a time-before-event for all day events so everyone can make them ring at the beginning of his/her working day

I hope they are working on this.
    WinXP - Palm Desktop 4.2 - Sony Xperia ZR - Android 4.2.2 - CL 5.0 (B.5070) - DJO 2.5.2 (484) - Hotsync 6.1.0 - WiFi Sync

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NickStick View Post
    Hi all!

Palm was clever in having silenced the alarm for all day calendar events. So they were not waking you up in the middle of the night but they were on top of the screen when you, in the morning, decided to give a look to your Palm.

I don't turn off Android phone at night to have alarm clock, but DJO alarms for those events were ringing at night so I stopped to using alarms for those events.

Now they go off at midday or some minutes before depending on your setting (which is imho too late).

I suggested to DJO staff (Thomas) a couple of solutions:

1) all day events go off at midnight and you have a setup option to keep alarm silent for all day calendar events (and a different option for other timed events) to obtain a behavior similar to Palm

2) all day events go off at midday and you can setup a time-before-event for all day events so everyone can make them ring at the beginning of his/her working day

I hope they are working on this.
    NickStick,

Both suggestions are plausible solutions. However it is a bit more complicated than that. Doing it that way would require a flag in the Sync process where we filter for all day events and apply the special alarm data... Thus impacting sync performance.
    So to answer your question, yes we are working on this, and when we have a solution that is viable for everyone we will let everyone know.

Thomas,

even with latest versions and after several purge and reloads (time zone on PC and on HTC device are identical) the alarm time is not 00:00. Some of them are 12:00, most are 13:00 or even 14:00.
    When may we expect a fix?

Regards
    Arno
    CL 7 build 7022
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thomas,

even with latest versions and after several purge and reloads (time zone on PC and on HTC device are identical) the alarm time is not 00:00. Some of them are 12:00, most are 13:00 or even 14:00.
    When may we expect a fix?

Regards
    Arno
    Please see my private message Arno.