Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49

Thread: CL5 doesn't close file 'companionlink.db-shm' ?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    209

    CL5 doesn't close file 'companionlink.db-shm' ?

    Hi,

    since I updated to CL5 build 5002 (had CL4 4050 before) and I sync with my device when I restart my PC at any time afterwards I once get an error message something like:

    Windows error: Can't write to file 'companionlink.db-shm', possible loss of data.

    I see this file is in clusb directory on the device which of course after syncing is no longer connected to the PC.

    Perhaps CL uses this file during sync and doesn't close it correctly?

    Please check and fix.

    Regards
    Arno
    (old, not longer used: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) with Android 4.1.2 (German language))
    Doogee Dagger DG550 with Android 4.4.2 (German language)
    CL 7 build 7022
    DJO for Android 4.1.6 (924)
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2
    Sync: ADB Mode (DejaConnect USB)
    Sync only with one single PC

  2. #2
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,471
    Quote Originally Posted by ProTel-BS View Post
    Hi,

    since I updated to CL5 build 5002 (had CL4 4050 before) and I sync with my device when I restart my PC at any time afterwards I once get an error message something like:

    Windows error: Can't write to file 'companionlink.db-shm', possible loss of data.

    I see this file is in clusb directory on the device which of course after syncing is no longer connected to the PC.

    Perhaps CL uses this file during sync and doesn't close it correctly?

    Please check and fix.

    Regards
    Arno
    Arno,

    Can you please turn on logging and try to reproduce the error?
    1. Open CompanionLink Setup
    2. Press "CTRL"+"SHIFT"+"U".

    Thanks

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    209
    Thomas,

    I just sent you a companionlink.log
    To create this I did
    1. a sync once via USB
    2. unplugged the device
    3. ended companionlink --> Here I got the error please find attached eventlog (System) and see the latest event.

    By the way: I have a floppy disk in my PC (drive A and after turning on logging in companionlink the drive always runs and checks if a floppy is inserted.
    I must immediately turn off logging, how?
    (Edit: In companionlink.ini in area [CompanionLink] I found ForceLog=... which I edited to an old date (yesterday), that seems to stop logging)

    Regards
    Arno
    (old, not longer used: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) with Android 4.1.2 (German language))
    Doogee Dagger DG550 with Android 4.4.2 (German language)
    CL 7 build 7022
    DJO for Android 4.1.6 (924)
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2
    Sync: ADB Mode (DejaConnect USB)
    Sync only with one single PC

  4. #4
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,471
    Quote Originally Posted by ProTel-BS View Post
    Thomas,

    I just sent you a companionlink.log
    To create this I did
    1. a sync once via USB
    2. unplugged the device
    3. ended companionlink --> Here I got the error please find attached eventlog (System) and see the latest event.

    By the way: I have a floppy disk in my PC (drive A and after turning on logging in companionlink the drive always runs and checks if a floppy is inserted.
    I must immediately turn off logging, how?
    (Edit: In companionlink.ini in area [CompanionLink] I found ForceLog=... which I edited to an old date (yesterday), that seems to stop logging)

    Regards
    Arno
    Arno,

    Thank you. I got your the file.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    209
    Thomas,

    did the CL protocol file and eventlog help? Could you see that file 'companionlink.db-shm' isn't closed immediately after sync?
    Is a fix expectable soon?

    Regards
    Arno
    (old, not longer used: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) with Android 4.1.2 (German language))
    Doogee Dagger DG550 with Android 4.4.2 (German language)
    CL 7 build 7022
    DJO for Android 4.1.6 (924)
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2
    Sync: ADB Mode (DejaConnect USB)
    Sync only with one single PC

  6. #6
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,471
    Quote Originally Posted by ProTel-BS View Post
    Thomas,

    did the CL protocol file and eventlog help? Could you see that file 'companionlink.db-shm' isn't closed immediately after sync?
    Is a fix expectable soon?

    Regards
    Arno
    Arno,

    Please send a private message with the email address you used to submit the file.

    Thanks.

  7. #7
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Arno,

    Please send a private message with the email address you used to submit the file.

    Thanks.
    Arno,

    Preliminary advice from the dev team is as follows:
    Might be that Windows hasn’t finished writing the changes to the db file to the phone’s sdcard before they disconnect. Could try unmounting from Windows before pressing OK on the device.

    I acknowledge this means more button pushing and that is not optimal for you. I get it.
    I promise to continue to work on a streamlined resolution for this.
    However, we need a zipped version of your data files because they get corrupted when sent via email unprotected.

    Thanks.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    209
    Hi Thomas,

    this didn't help. Again to my opinion the file 'companionlink.db-shm' isn't closed correctly in CL software, so it remains open. When then CL is closed (manually or by Windows due to a shutdown or reboot) the message appears.

    I've sent you the db and log files. Did you ever have a look at them? Could your team reproduce this behaviour?

    Once again I tell you, that this never occured with CL 4 up to 4050. This error appeared first with CL 5 release 5002 and remains in 5004.

    Expect a fix soon.

    Regards
    Arno
    (old, not longer used: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) with Android 4.1.2 (German language))
    Doogee Dagger DG550 with Android 4.4.2 (German language)
    CL 7 build 7022
    DJO for Android 4.1.6 (924)
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2
    Sync: ADB Mode (DejaConnect USB)
    Sync only with one single PC

  9. #9
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,471
    Quote Originally Posted by ProTel-BS View Post
    Hi Thomas,

    this didn't help. Again to my opinion the file 'companionlink.db-shm' isn't closed correctly in CL software, so it remains open. When then CL is closed (manually or by Windows due to a shutdown or reboot) the message appears.

    I've sent you the db and log files. Did you ever have a look at them? Could your team reproduce this behaviour?

    Once again I tell you, that this never occured with CL 4 up to 4050. This error appeared first with CL 5 release 5002 and remains in 5004.

    Expect a fix soon.

    Regards
    Arno
    Arno,
    Agreed. We are working on this. The problem is that the condition is intermittent. Efforts to isolate in our lab seem to suggest some kind of local variable. We are working on this very hard. I promise you that.

    Can you try installing a demo version of 4050 to a custom directory? If the behavior continues that will tell us a lot.
    If you do this, please make sure you install CompanionLink 4.0 to a unique Folder directory.
    Thanks,
    T

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    20

    Problems closing companionlink.db file

    Quote Originally Posted by ProTel-BS View Post
    Hi,

    since I updated to CL5 build 5002 (had CL4 4050 before) and I sync with my device when I restart my PC at any time afterwards I once get an error message something like:

    Windows error: Can't write to file 'companionlink.db-shm', possible loss of data.

    I see this file is in clusb directory on the device which of course after syncing is no longer connected to the PC.

    Perhaps CL uses this file during sync and doesn't close it correctly?

    Please check and fix.

    Regards
    Arno
    Hi Thomas and ProTel-BS. I had same problem when updating to 5004 in my calendar. Randomly it seems CL don't close the file companionlink.db ... and I also can't unmount the device. I had to disconnect "roughly" unpluguing.

    When I "downdate" to CL 4050 could again connect and unconnect perfectly and without any problem. Thomas, can you check it? (closing companionlink.db file?)

    Thanks in advance.

    HTC Desire Android 2.2
    CL 5004
    DV 1.12.3
    USB sync
    Outlook 2003

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •