Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CL5 doesn't close file 'companionlink.db-shm' ?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtas1306 View Post
    Hi Thomas and ProTel-BS. I had same problem when updating to 5004 in my calendar. Randomly it seems CL don't close the file companionlink.db ... and I also can't unmount the device. I had to disconnect "roughly" unpluguing.

When I "downdate" to CL 4050 could again connect and unconnect perfectly and without any problem. Thomas, can you check it? (closing companionlink.db file?)

Thanks in advance.

HTC Desire Android 2.2
    CL 5004
    DV 1.12.3
    USB sync
    Outlook 2003
    Hello mtas,
    Was this behavior consistently reproducible in 5004?
    Is it consistently not reproducible in 4050?
    My concern is that this issue may be due to a corrupted SD Card that results in random errors when syncing.
    Providing more info would be helpful if you have it available.
    You may also wish to follow the steps in the following support article:
    http://www.companionlink.com/support...ndroid_SD_card

Please keep me in the loop on this.

Thomas,

I also just checked for a corrupted SD Card (indeed there have been files in LOST.DIR directory), so I formatted and chkdsk'ed my card, now having a fresh cleaned card.

But the inability of closing file 'companionlink.db-shm' remains.
    With sysinternal's ProcessMonitor I saw, that closing this file by CompanionLink.exe has been successful, but nevertheless exiting CL produces this error.

Sorry, I don't want to try a parallel installation of CL 4 build 4050, because I fear struggling with lost or duplicate data and don't have the time to always save Outlook data and doing purge and reloads. (I just want to use the fully funtional (payed!) CL and DJO ;-)

Hope you will find a solution.

Regards
    Arno
    (old, not longer used: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) with Android 4.1.2 (German language))
    Doogee Dagger DG550 with Android 4.4.2 (German language)
    CL 7 build 7022
    DJO for Android 4.1.6 (924)
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2
    Sync: ADB Mode (DejaConnect USB)
    Sync only with one single PC

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Hello mtas,
    Was this behavior consistently reproducible in 5004?
    Is it consistently not reproducible in 4050?
    My concern is that this issue may be due to a corrupted SD Card that results in random errors when syncing.
    Providing more info would be helpful if you have it available.
    You may also wish to follow the steps in the following support article:
    http://www.companionlink.com/support...ndroid_SD_card

Please keep me in the loop on this.
    Hi Thomas. The behavior is consistently (ramdomly) reproducible in 5004 and not consistently (never, as I know) in 4050.

In the other hand, I did already format the SD, as the support indicated me (CompanionLink Case# 219995‏) so, I dont' think (I'm not a technician) the issue is due to a corrupted SD...

Thank you for your work (...and sorry for my english)

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi Thomas. The behavior is consistently (ramdomly) reproducible in 5004 and not consistently (never, as I know) in 4050.

In the other hand, I did already format the SD, as the support indicated me (CompanionLink Case# 219995‏) so, I dont' think (I'm not a technician) the issue is due to a corrupted SD...

Thank you for your work (...and sorry for my english)
    Mtas,

I am sending you a private message with instruction on how to get submit a log file that has a capture of the error in build 5004.

Thomas, did you receive my @ (12 november) in thomas@companionling.com as you said in a notification to me about this thread?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thomas, did you receive my @ (12 november) in thomas@companionling.com as you said in a notification to me about this thread?
    Hello Mtas,

Yes I did. Just sent a confirmation email back to you.

Hi all,

it seems that I have a small idea what is going wrong with the 'companionlink.db-shm' file:

After sync on the PC has finished and CL tells me to click 'OK' on the device.
    Then after hitting 'OK' on the device it seems to disconnect USB, mounting SD card and then syncs with native Android contacts. After this another 'OK' pops up shortly and closes then.
    In earlier DJO versions this second 'OK' stayed on screen and I had to click it.

In the past I didn't trust in clicking 'OK' on the PC immediatley after I clicked away the first 'OK' on the device. Instead I waited until the second 'OK' displayed.

Obviously companionlink.db-shm is closed by clicking 'OK' on the PC. So when I wait too long, the device has already disconnected USB making it impossible to close the file correctly. Now as a short test after a sync first I clicked 'OK' in CL on the PC and then 'OK' in DJO on the device. This seems to lead to a correctly closed companionlink.db-shm (the last weeks I had no (!) file companionlink.db-shm nor companionlink.db-wal in clusb directory, instead I had some files in LOST.DIR)

Please check if I'm right that I have to click 'OK' in DJO on the device AFTER I clicked 'OK' in CL on the PC.

Question: Wouldn't it be better that hitting 'OK' on the device will produce a message back to CL, so that it closes automatically all open companionlink.db-xxx files, then message back to DJO that it can disconnect USB? This would in addition make the extra 'OK' clicking in CL unnecessary.

Regards
    Arno
    (old, not longer used: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) with Android 4.1.2 (German language))
    CL 7 build 7022
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProTel-BS View Post
    Hi all,

it seems that I have a small idea what is going wrong with the 'companionlink.db-shm' file:

After sync on the PC has finished and CL tells me to click 'OK' on the device.
    Then after hitting 'OK' on the device it seems to disconnect USB, mounting SD card and then syncs with native Android contacts. After this another 'OK' pops up shortly and closes then.
    In earlier DJO versions this second 'OK' stayed on screen and I had to click it.

In the past I didn't trust in clicking 'OK' on the PC immediately after I clicked away the first 'OK' on the device. Instead I waited until the second 'OK' displayed.

Obviously companionlink.db-shm is closed by clicking 'OK' on the PC. So when I wait too long, the device has already disconnected USB making it impossible to close the file correctly. Now as a short test after a sync first I clicked 'OK' in CL on the PC and then 'OK' in DJO on the device. This seems to lead to a correctly closed companionlink.db-shm (the last weeks I had no (!) file companionlink.db-shm nor companionlink.db-wal in clusb directory, instead I had some files in LOST.DIR)

Please check if I'm right that I have to click 'OK' in DJO on the device AFTER I clicked 'OK' in CL on the PC.

Question: Wouldn't it be better that hitting 'OK' on the device will produce a message back to CL, so that it closes automatically all open companionlink.db-xxx files, then message back to DJO that it can disconnect USB? This would in addition make the extra 'OK' clicking in CL unnecessary.

Regards
    Arno
    Arno,

Thanks for posting. I just confirmed with the dev team that the PC Side dialog is simply a dialog box that does not trigger any activity on CompaionLink or in DejaOffice. It is "benign" to try and describe it accurately. It is simply there to make sure people know they need to click OK on the device. Not clicking OK in DejaOffice before removing the USB connection can cause some very serious problems.

I hope this helps.

Thomas,

I think this is wrong!

In the past I waited (yes really!) unplugging USB until I clicked all 'OK's on the device. After clicking 'OK' on the device I waited until Android sync finished and then clicked 'OK' in CL. At this point I unplugged USB. This led to missing and not closed file companionlink.db-shm!

Now in this short test I clicked 'OK' in CL and then did all the other things. This led to correct companionlink.db-xxx files in clusb directory!

Device-OK --> (second Device-OK, which now closes automatically) --> CL-OK --> unplugging USB --> companionlink.db-shm not closed error and lost files in LOST.DIR
    CL-OK --> Device-OK --> waiting until Android sync is ready and second OK closes --> unplugging USB --> companionlink.db-shm present and closed (no error when exiting CL)

So, what is the reason and am I right?

Arno
    CL 7 build 7022
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2

Thomas,

my last post from 11-23-2011 obviously has been kicked off from your system, I don't know why.

Now with CL5008 the problem persists, with a growing number of files in LOST.DIR after each sync.
    You shortly should find a diagnosis what is the difference between CL500x and 4050, where in the older version this didn't happen.

Also the time in handling mounting/unmounting USB and SD Card with Android 2.3.3 may be the reason; here in the handling and timing some things seem to have been changed in DJO since 1.9.x to now.

Arno
    CL 7 build 7022
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2