Closed Thread

Thread: Outlook 2007 Calendar Event/Appointment with 221 Attendees won't sync to DejaOffice

Exclamation Outlook 2007 Calendar Event/Appointment with 221 Attendees won't sync to DejaOffice

I have an Outlook 2007 Calendar Event/Appointment from 3PM to 5PM on 7/14/2010 that would not sync to my Android DejaOffice, I tried multiple times on the week of the appointment including the day of (it still has not synced even the day after). I tried changing the description and it would not show up. I tried a purge and reload on the Calendar, this event still did not show up. I tried upgrading the CompanionLink USB from 3.0 to 4.0, that also did cause the event to show up. Other events sync'd correctly,

I have an HTC-EVO by the way...

What is different about this appointment? Well here is the info:

Attendees: 221 are listed including myself and the organizer (maybe this is what the problem is???)
    Subject: XXXX CIO "ALL HANDS" MEETING
    Start Time: Wed 7/14/2010 3:00 PM
    End Time: Wed 7/14/2010 5:00 PM
    Note/Comment field:
    06/15/10 Update:
    All Hands being moved to Wednesday, July 14 from 3pm-5pm - at the XXXXX-XXX HQ Cafeteria due to July 4th Holiday week.

Cool snacks to be served ..
    Additional details to follow ..
    Last edited by Rayel; 07-15-2010 at 08:19 AM.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Rayel, is it possible that this event is on a calendar that you are not syncing? You can see which Outlook calendar CompanionLink is syncing from the "Outlook Folders" setting.

Eric, thank you for replying. I only have and use the Mailbox Calendar in outlook with no subfolders. It's the same one that has all of my other calendar events that are sync'ing correctly.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Did you accept the event request? CompanionLink will not sync unaccepted event requests.

You know, perhaps that is root cause. This particular event has the "Accept", "Tentative", and "Decline" grayed out. I guess the executive did not want responses back, so they used some option that grayed it out somehow when they created the event. I did "Accept" it into my calendar when I added it into Outlook, but there was no pop-up that asked to send a response back to the meeting organizer. Let me know if you think this is it. I appreciate your assistance. By the way, is there a way to get this item into my DejaOffice Calendar? It's kind of annoying not to have it in my calendar when I need to attend the event. I guess I could have created my own separate entry to remember.

DejaOffice Team Member
    When you open the event, above the organizer name you should see the event status (Accepted, Tentatively accepted, etc.). What does it say for this event?

It says "This appointment occurs in the past."

I got curious though, and went into a category view and did a field chooser. With the field called "Meeting Status" I was able to see that it says "Not yet responded", whereas most of my other appointments say nothing at all, "Accepted", "Meeting organizer", or "Tentatively accepted". Is there any plan to allow these items to sync through CompanionLink? If not, do you have a recommended approach that will allow the item to sync?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Are you able to change the field so that it says "Accepted"? And if so, does it then sync?

Yes, that worked! Kind of an inconvenience if you don't know it's missing to begin with though. I know it's not the same product, but with my palm pilot I used to just sync and not worry about the rest. If an appointment showed in Outlook, it would also show in my palm pilot calendar.

I know DejaOffice and CompanionLink are new to the Android market. I enjoy it so far, and hope to see it prosper

Closed Thread