Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: CL activated TimeZones in OL and shifted times of entries

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    518

    CL activated TimeZones in OL and shifted times of entries

    All of a sudden after some sync all my bank holiday entries in OL have timezone activated. Unfortunately, it's the wrong one and the time has been shifted as well. The entries now span over 2 days, like from 01.00 to 01.00 the next day.
    I never did touch any of these in OL myself, so it must be something with CL.
    Anybody else seeing anything alike?
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

  2. #2
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,462
    Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    All of a sudden after some sync all my bank holiday entries in OL have timezone activated. Unfortunately, it's the wrong one and the time has been shifted as well. The entries now span over 2 days, like from 01.00 to 01.00 the next day.
    I never did touch any of these in OL myself, so it must be something with CL.
    Anybody else seeing anything alike?

    McLion,

    Send me a new copy of your DejaOffice data and Log like you did before. I will look at this and find out what is going on.
    Do you ever sync your phone in a state where the PC Time Zone Setting does not match the Phone Time Zone Setting?
    That is the only thing I can think of that could trigger this.
    Do the Holiday events have a specific time zone setting? If yes what time zone setting is it, and what time zone are you currently in?
    It is too early for this to be a Daylight Savings Time Shift. That is not until the end of October.
    Do the Bankers Holidays come from A Google Calendar?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Do you ever sync your phone in a state where the PC Time Zone Setting does not match the Phone Time Zone Setting?
    Nope. I never used nor touched any of the TZ functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Do the Holiday events have a specific time zone setting? If yes what time zone setting is it, and what time zone are you currently in?
    These are the standard Outlook Bank holidays that can be activated.
    They add themselves to the calendar with no time zone active, from time 00.00 to 00.00 on the respective date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    It is too early for this to be a Daylight Savings Time Shift. That is not until the end of October.
    Yup
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Do the Bankers Holidays come from A Google Calendar?
    Nope. From OL, see above.

    I already have corrected the data in OL.
    I'll send you the DB from the device before updating the corrected OL data on it. Unfortunately, I'll probably need a PnR.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

  4. #4
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,462
    McLion,

    You Said = Nope. I never used nor touched any of the TZ functionality.
    That can actually be a problem in some scenarios.
    Example = A user travels to a different Time Zone, Say a trip to London.
    Time Zone shifts by an hour on the phone Automatically.
    Laptop PC has the Continental European Time Zone set and it is not changed.
    User Syncs...
    This scenario can cause problems on Older PC's. Most Windows 7 Systems automatically adjust the Time Zone on a Laptop when it moves now, or at least prompts the user.


    This can cause some problems.

  5. #5
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,462
    Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    Nope. I never used nor touched any of the TZ functionality.

    These are the standard Outlook Bank holidays that can be activated.
    They add themselves to the calendar with no time zone active, from time 00.00 to 00.00 on the respective date.

    Yup

    Nope. From OL, see above.

    I already have corrected the data in OL.
    I'll send you the DB from the device before updating the corrected OL data on it. Unfortunately, I'll probably need a PnR.
    Has DejaOffice recently prompted you to shift the Calendar Events due to a Time Zone Setting change?
    If yes, how did you respond?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    518
    Thomas,

    I have not been traveling nor have I ever seen a prompt for changing a time zone, not on the Android nor in OL.

    McL
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

  7. #7
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,462
    Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    Thomas,

    I have not been traveling nor have I ever seen a prompt for changing a time zone, not on the Android nor in OL.

    McL
    I didn't think you had. I just wanted to be sure forum members had that distinction.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •