Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: irregular problems with alarms

irregular problems with alarms

I have been using Dejaoffice alarms with no problems for a while now.

Earlier this week I happened to notice that a regular occurring alarm had not gone off on my phone. I opened the appointment and the typical alarm screen popped up- that is, the screen that typically pops up when you have an alarm go off on the Droid- but there was still no audible alarm. I turned "off" the alarm and everything went back to normal.

Since then it has happened a few more times, with repeated appointments, but not every time. In those cases the alarm does not go off and the alarm screen does not pop up, but if i open the appointment the alarm screen pops up.

I'm using a Droid Global 2, Outlook for PC, DejaOffice 1.12.2, Companionlink build 4034, and sync via usb.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drewa View Post
    I have been using Dejaoffice alarms with no problems for a while now.

Earlier this week I happened to notice that a regular occurring alarm had not gone off on my phone. I opened the appointment and the typical alarm screen popped up- that is, the screen that typically pops up when you have an alarm go off on the Droid- but there was still no audible alarm. I turned "off" the alarm and everything went back to normal.

Since then it has happened a few more times, with repeated appointments, but not every time. In those cases the alarm does not go off and the alarm screen does not pop up, but if i open the appointment the alarm screen pops up.

I'm using a Droid Global 2, Outlook for PC, DejaOffice 1.12.2, Companionlink build 4034, and sync via usb.
    Hello drewa,

I would update to CompanionLink build 4050 and do a Purge and Reload All Sync. That will rewrite the DejaOffice Database.
    If it still occurs after being on the most up to date build of CompanionLink, let us know right away and we will do some additional troubleshooting.

I have the droid3
    Deja office 1.12.2 updated today from 1.12.0
    Palm desktop
    Sync method is USB wired
    Don't have the comp link build as I am not at my home computer but the phone and deja and companion link are less than 3 months in....
    I am having the occasional repeat alarm not going off exactly the same as the above person and recently all my repeat aps were duplicated (never knew why).......
    I don't know what companion link build 4050 is nor do I know how to do a purge and reload.....
    Please advise

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by formerpalmfan View Post
    I have the droid3
    Deja office 1.12.2 updated today from 1.12.0
    Palm desktop
    Sync method is USB wired
    Don't have the comp link build as I am not at my home computer but the phone and deja and companion link are less than 3 months in....
    I am having the occasional repeat alarm not going off exactly the same as the above person and recently all my repeat aps were duplicated (never knew why).......
    I don't know what companion link build 4050 is nor do I know how to do a purge and reload.....
    Please advise
    hi formerpalmfan,
    Follow these steps:

1. On your PC Go to this link and download the latest build of CompanionLink (4050)
    http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html
    2. After CompanionLink is updated open CompanionLink setup on your PC Desktop.
    3. Click the Options menu in the top left.
    4. Click the Purge and Reload All option.
    5. Check your Palm Desktop data for accuracy. (The next sync will erase all previous DejaOffice data on the phone and completely reload your PDT data to DejaOffice.)
    6. Sync your Phone - BE Patient, this sync can take much longer than a normal sync.

Thank you....i will do it next week when home with my desktop pc and let you know the results.......what's with companion link 5 build 5002 I see listed???? Should I wait for that as I see it is beta???
    Please explain and advise
    Last edited by formerpalmfan; 10-15-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by formerpalmfan View Post
    Thank you....i will do it next week when home with my desktop pc and let you know the results.......what's with companion link 5 build 5002 I see listed???? Should I wait for that as I see it is beta???
    Please explain and advise
    Version 5 is no longer in Beta. Depending on when you purchased Companion Link, it may be a free upgrade or it may be a pay upgrade. If you don't want to pay, you can update to version 4 Build 4050 for free. You can also try out version 5 for 14 days for free if it is a pay upgrade.
    DejaOffice PC CRM Standalone Build 1126, Windows 10 Home Version ver. 1903
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 8.0.0), Feb 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), June 2019 security patch.
    DejaCloud Sync.

*Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

I don't care about paying if it is substantially improved.......if it's minor things that really don't change much I can stick with what I have and 4050.......you tell me"........

I did the upgrade, and not to derail this, but might this problem be due to my task killer program?

Probably yes. DJO needs to be able to run in the background to fire alarms. Try to make an exclusion in your task killer app.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

Quote Originally Posted by drewa View Post
    I did the upgrade, and not to derail this, but might this problem be due to my task killer program?
    In general, task killers are counter-productive on Android and can even end up using more resources (when processes are reinvoked). Android is basically Linux Light and does a very good job of managing it's processes and redistributing resources between them as needed. Even on my Nexus One with a very limited memory model, I never use a task killer.
    DejaOffice PC CRM Standalone Build 1126, Windows 10 Home Version ver. 1903
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 8.0.0), Feb 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), June 2019 security patch.
    DejaCloud Sync.

*Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/