Thread: How to synchronize contacts directly between telephone and dejaoffice?

How to synchronize contacts directly between telephone and dejaoffice?

Hello.
    I go six months using dejaoffice and companionLink for Outlook (4.0) and I have a problem to synchronize the contacts of my telephone android (Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100) with dejaoffice.
    Dejaoffice allows to synchronize the contacts that I have in my telephone android (Samsung Galaxy S2) if these before I have synchronized it with the account Google.
    The problem is that with this one option of synchronization I have many problems (duplicated contacts and with many mistakes).
    To be able to solve my problem it wanted to know if it is possible to synchronize the contacts that I have in my telephone directly with dejaoffice, without need of that has before that to synchronize with the account of google.
    Thank you very much. To synchronize the contacts that I introduce directly in the telephone

DejaOffice Team Member
    kyfran,

In order to Sync with the Native accounts application, you must select an account on your Samsung device.
    This can be selected in the Setup Wizard or the DejaOffice settings under Sync Settings.

Please keep in mind a couple things.
    1. The duplicates may have occurred due to Google Sync being turned in the Google account you are using.
    http://www.companionlink.com/support...Android_device

2. Unless you clear all the contact records in Native Contacts app before selecting a new account to sync with, your Native contacts account will show duplicates in Android contacts again.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much for his response. It has managed to solve my problem, but now I have one new: In the configuration of synchronization I have selected " synchronize in both directions " as well as " The files suppressed so much in Android since in Outlook they will be synchronized "; now the synchronization is very slow: it is late more than one hour, since I have 1312 contacts, 2797 appointments and 1547 tasks is it possible to do something in order that it is more rapid? Thank you very much

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kyfran View Post
    Thank you very much for his response. It has managed to solve my problem, but now I have one new: In the configuration of synchronization I have selected " synchronize in both directions " as well as " The files suppressed so much in Android since in Outlook they will be synchronized "; now the synchronization is very slow: it is late more than one hour, since I have 1312 contacts, 2797 appointments and 1547 tasks is it possible to do something in order that it is more rapid? Thank you very much
    Kyfran,
    Please make sure that Google Sync is Turned off for the account you are using. Long sync you are describing is usually due to Google Sync being turned on.
    What Sync method are you using? - USB, WiFi, or Secure Hosted?