Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: irregular problems with alarms

Thanks for the input. I added an exception to my app killer, and I did a purge and reload of my calendar (but not the others). It happened again this morning, though. Same thing as before- the alarm did not go off but when I opened the appointment the alarm page appeared (still without the alarm sounding).

Just out of curiosity ... did you set the alarm preferences in DJO to play sounds? Default setting is off.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

McLion, yes I did. The alarms have been working fine up until a week or two ago.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    In general, task killers are counter-productive on Android and can even end up using more resources (when processes are reinvoked). Android is basically Linux Light and does a very good job of managing it's processes and redistributing resources between them as needed. Even on my Nexus One with a very limited memory model, I never use a task killer.
    I will second Hook's input on task killers. Technically we do not support DejaOffice running in a Task Killer environment. It generates lots of speculation about if an issue is due to the task killer or due to a bug in our software. Difficult to tell sometimes. I would suggest removing the task killer to see if the behavior persists.

Ok, thanks. I'll try disabling the task killer.

I also found that if I snooze the alarm instead of closing it, it will ring when it pops up again. Not sure if that helps you figure out the issue or not.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drewa View Post
    Ok, thanks. I'll try disabling the task killer.

I also found that if I snooze the alarm instead of closing it, it will ring when it pops up again. Not sure if that helps you figure out the issue or not.
    Hi Drewa,
    If you are having notification issues I would also make sure you Purge and Reload your Data form Outlook to DejaOffice after you update to build 4050. I think you have already updated.

So try uninstalling your task killer.
    Then follow these steps:

1. Open CompanionLink setup on your PC desktop.
    2. Verify build 4050 is installed.
    3. Click options in the topleft corner of the desktop application.
    4. Select Purge and Reload All. (WRNING! this will cause CompanionLink to completly overwrite your DejaOffice data with all the Outlook data on your PC. No data form DejaOffice will be saved so make sure Outlook is up to date with all rlevant data prior to syncing.)
    5. Sync your phone.

Does that help?
    Do the alarms fire with sound after the Purge and Reload?

I've actually got Companionlink build 5002, but hopefully that's not a problem.

I purged and reloaded, so we'll see how it goes. It was running about 50-50 earlier today for sound/no sound.

I'm just trowing things out there, but I have to silence my phone periodically for meetings, and it seems that the problem happens more after I re-enable sound on the phone. That could just be my imagination, but i was wondering if that had something to do with it.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drewa View Post
    I've actually got Companionlink build 5002, but hopefully that's not a problem.

I purged and reloaded, so we'll see how it goes. It was running about 50-50 earlier today for sound/no sound.

I'm just trowing things out there, but I have to silence my phone periodically for meetings, and it seems that the problem happens more after I re-enable sound on the phone. That could just be my imagination, but i was wondering if that had something to do with it.
    Hi Drewa,

It may. I would suggest trying the following steps if the sound problem persists:
    After you un-silence your phone - Force close DejaOffice in the Manage Apps section of the Android Settings. Relaunch DejaOffice. Does the alarm sound issue occur if you do that?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Hi Drewa,

It may. I would suggest trying the following steps if the sound problem persists:
    After you un-silence your phone - Force close DejaOffice in the Manage Apps section of the Android Settings. Relaunch DejaOffice. Does the alarm sound issue occur if you do that?
    Don't try this unless the problem persists. I want to know what the actual solution is.

Ok thanks. I'll give it a day or so- I usually have a fair number of alarms each day, so I'll be able to get a chance to see how it works before I try the force close.

Thanks for all the help, btw.