Thread: Duplicate Contacts

Duplicate Contacts

After a recent sync, iPhone4, Deja office 1.2.7 and CL 4050, I now have duplicate contacts in Deja Office. How do I purge them? Also now have duplicate contacts on iPhone app. What settings do I need to change to avoid this in the future? Thanks much!

My calendar items are repeating every day after a recent sync, iPhone4, Deja office 1.2.7. I am have numerous calendar entries from the past that are showing up, PLEASE HELP me to clean this off by phone and prevent for future problems.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshaE View Post
    After a recent sync, iPhone4, Deja office 1.2.7 and CL 4050, I now have duplicate contacts in Deja Office. How do I purge them? Also now have duplicate contacts on iPhone app. What settings do I need to change to avoid this in the future? Thanks much!
    Hello MarshaE,

It sounds like you may be syncing with Native iPhone Calendar. If that is the case you will need to delete the Calendar events in the Native iPhone Calendar, then do A Purge and reload sync.
    How to go about deleting the Calendar entries will depend on what version of iOS you are using. Have you updated to iOS 5 yet?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tinasuccess View Post
    My calendar items are repeating every day after a recent sync, iPhone4, Deja office 1.2.7. I am have numerous calendar entries from the past that are showing up, PLEASE HELP me to clean this off by phone and prevent for future problems.
    Hello TinaSuccess,

Are you syncing DejaOffice Calendar with the Native Calendar in iOS? What version of iOS is running on your iPhone 4? Did update recently?
    Please advise.

I sych to Palm Desktop via USB, which I have not done in a long time. I have not updated my iPhone iOS, so I doubt that I am running iOS 5.

iOS is 4.2.7 (8E303)

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tinasuccess View Post
    iOS is 4.2.7 (8E303)
    Hi Tina,

I would strongly suggest clearing all entries from your Native iOS calendar and then doing a Purge and reload sync form CompanionLink.
    That should clear up the issue.
    I am send you a private message with further instructions.