+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to "Start with a fresh data file"

How to "Start with a fresh data file"

Hi. I've updated DejaOffice and CompanionLink Pro to the most recent versions. Recently when trying to access a calendar entry with a big comment my iPad2 crashed and restarted. All entries in DejaOffice were lost. Since then when starting DejaOffice the message "Start with a fresh data file" appears. Hitting the button doesn't do anything and I can't use DejaOffice anymore. Can anybody help? Thanks. Guy

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy-Switzerland View Post
    Hi. I've updated DejaOffice and CompanionLink Pro to the most recent versions. Recently when trying to access a calendar entry with a big comment my iPad2 crashed and restarted. All entries in DejaOffice were lost. Since then when starting DejaOffice the message "Start with a fresh data file" appears. Hitting the button doesn't do anything and I can't use DejaOffice anymore. Can anybody help? Thanks. Guy
    Hello Guy-Switzerland,

Thank you for posting. I have a few questions about the problem you are having.
    Is your iPad 2 running iOS 4 or iOS 5?

Were you attempting to access a Calendar Entry in DejaOffice or in the Native iPhone Calendar when your iPad crashed?
    If the answer is DejaOffice - What version of DejaOffice was installed when the crash occurred?
    Did you update before or after the crash?

When you say you can't use DejaOffice anyomore after tapping the "Start with a fresh data file" dialog, what actually happens?
    Does DejaOffice launch successfully?
    Does DejaOffice crash after that?

Do you have a reliable backup of your DejaOffice data on your PC?
    If yes, have you tried deleting DejaOffice on your iPad and reinstalling form the App Store? (You would have to sync with COmpanionLink to get your data reinstalled. Deleting the DejaOffice application deletes the DejaOffice data.)

Please answer these questions so we can recommend a solution to fit your needs.

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Hi Thomas
    Thanks for the quick reply. Here are my answers:
    1) My iPad2 is now running on iOS 5, but I had the issue already before updating and hoped that it would go away after upgrading to iOS 5.
    2) I attempted to access a calendar entry in DejaOffice. I don't sync with the iPhone Calendar. I'm on the latest version of DejaOffice (according to AppStore)
    3) After tapping the "Start with a fresh data file"-button nothing happens. It neither launches the application nor it crashes. Just nothing.
    4) As I had troubles before (see CompanionLink ticket 195590) I tried only one-way sync from Outlook to iPad. I therefore wouldn't lose any data (and haven't by now).
    Regards,
    Guy

Guy -

Thanks for your reply. The crash you saw was because of an issue upgrading from a previous version of DejaOffice to version 1.2.7.

When you tap on the message you're seeing/saw ("Start with a fresh data file"), DejaOffice should create a new, empty calendar for you.

If that isn't happening/you're still seeing the message, please uninstall the application. When you reinstall, the application will be empty. For the next synchronization, open CompanionLink Setup on the PC and choose Options > Reread Outlook data.

Please let us know if you're still seeing issues.

Hi Belinda. I've uninstalled and re-installed DejaOffice. Afterwards I ran a synchronization and it worked fine. I'll monitor the behaviour over the next days and week and let you know if there are any new issues. Thanks for your support. Regards, Guy

+ Reply to Thread