Thread: New User, New ideas (or my ideas anyway...)

Smile New User, New ideas (or my ideas anyway...)

Hello All,

I've recently switched to Android after many years as a Palm then Windows Mobile (personal) and Blackberry (work) user. Personal Information Management (PIM) tools on my device has been a major priority for me right back to my first USRobotics Pilot.

Although I find DejaOffice a quality alternative for my Android device, I would like to propose the following wish list for your consideration...(in no particular order currently)

1. Font size somewhere between Micro and Business that would allow a full name and the phone number to be displayed. Alternatively, offer a view that shows the category colour and Full name only. Currently, too many names get cut off in "Business" font view and the Micro is WAY too small for these old eyes (even with my glasses on).
    2. Multi-level sorting in Notes. e.g. Sort by Category then Subject.
    3. Options for DejaToday to not show tasks. Alternatively, option to change display order (Events on top, tasks below)
    4. DejaCalendar needs a week view that has day details. A promising visual has been proposed by another user in another thread here: (http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...full=1#post832)
    5. Option for non-bold fonts in DejaNotes. Bolding is great for highlights, drawing attention to something (like a subject or important item,). It does not need to be used for everyday text.
    6. If possible, I'd like to see the whole Deja Office interface more "polished" like the built-in Calendar (not that it's by any means terrible now BTW). It's like comparing EmiWeather (which I do like for it's Canadian focus) and apps from The Weather Channel and the Weather Network (WeatherEye). Yes, they do provide basically the same information, however TWN and TWC provide a more visually appealing/polished (IMO anyway) display. Or the base Android Calc vs RetroCalc.
    7. Widget support (like Smooth Calendar but one that works). Again, I believe this may already be on the radar (based on a few threads I've seen here).
    8. When selecting a time for an event, it would be nice to have a scrollable time wheel or some alternative manner to change the time. Currently, if you are right handed and pressing on the "+" sign, your finger is/can block the display window insuch a manner that you can't seewhat time you've chsoen (without moving your finger away)

Okay, well that's my $0.02 CDN (less HST). Anyone else want to chime in? pro/con, other ideas?
    Last edited by Vicntc; 07-15-2010 at 10:15 PM.
    ---
    John (Vicntc)
    HTC Magic Plus / Android 1.5 / Rogers 3G / CL USB 4.0.4004 / DejaOffice 1..6.1b

+1 on all your suggestions

9. Adjust location of typing template in Search. Okay, that may not sound right but here's what I mean... When in Contacts and searching for an entry, there is a little semi-transparent box that comes up showing the letters as you type that displays over the entries that match. When you get to a certain point, it jumps to near the top of the screen and blocks the entry from view. It seems to vary but it always does it if there is only one matching entry regardless of letters typed. It would be fine if it jumped up a few more lines (effectively covering "DejaContacts" and the Category, instead of covering the topmost matching entry.
    ---
    John (Vicntc)
    HTC Magic Plus / Android 1.5 / Rogers 3G / CL USB 4.0.4004 / DejaOffice 1..6.1b