+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DejaOffice 1.2.7 appointment errors after DST > non-DST transition

DejaOffice 1.2.7 appointment errors after DST > non-DST transition

I am transitioning from a Palm, and had thought that I was "upgrading" because of all the deprecating remarks that I got from Apple users whenever I hauled out my Palm Tungsten T5. Not so, it seems. The iTouch is a giant step backwards for any Palm user in so many ways.

Mobile Device iTouch 4G, iOS5
    DejaOffice version 1.2.7
    CompanionLink 5004
    Data Manager App: Palm 4.x
    Sync Method: Wi-Fi

The current list of shortcomings: This morning my appointments that are scheduled for 0800 on the desktop are showing @ 0700 on the iTouch. After a purge and reload didn't fix the problem, I created an appointment @ 1000, only to have it show up @ 1100. Good thing that my Palm desktop v4x is still correct.

The 1000 meeting that shows @ 1100 seems to alarm @ 0930, which is the correct time.

I tried to search last night, and chose Search By All Fields. Two keystrokes later is was clear that this search was going to fail.

In the Palm, I could make an entry for a time and assign several items to it. DO removes all the new lines and runs them together. The only way for me to read them is to edit the activity, select some text, and move the selection marker, none of which I want or need to do in the Palm.

Sometimes when I change from landscape to portrait I get a screen paint error. Selecting the screen and causing it to change and redraw seems to fix this.

I can't find any settings to address these failures.
    ~R~

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninetrees View Post
    I am transitioning from a Palm, and had thought that I was "upgrading" because of all the deprecating remarks that I got from Apple users whenever I hauled out my Palm Tungsten T5. Not so, it seems. The iTouch is a giant step backwards for any Palm user in so many ways.

Mobile Device iTouch 4G, iOS5
    DejaOffice version 1.2.7
    CompanionLink 5004
    Data Manager App: Palm 4.x
    Sync Method: Wi-Fi

The current list of shortcomings: This morning my appointments that are scheduled for 0800 on the desktop are showing @ 0700 on the iTouch. After a purge and reload didn't fix the problem, I created an appointment @ 1000, only to have it show up @ 1100. Good thing that my Palm desktop v4x is still correct.

The 1000 meeting that shows @ 1100 seems to alarm @ 0930, which is the correct time.

I tried to search last night, and chose Search By All Fields. Two keystrokes later is was clear that this search was going to fail.

In the Palm, I could make an entry for a time and assign several items to it. DO removes all the new lines and runs them together. The only way for me to read them is to edit the activity, select some text, and move the selection marker, none of which I want or need to do in the Palm.

Sometimes when I change from landscape to portrait I get a screen paint error. Selecting the screen and causing it to change and redraw seems to fix this.

I can't find any settings to address these failures.
    ~R~
    Hello R,

Thank you for reporting this. The current build for DejaOffice for iPhone is 1.2.8. What generation iPod Touch are you using, you may note that we recently updated the minimum hardware standards to 3rd generation or newer.

If it is possible for you to update to 1.2.8 please do. I am pretty confident this update is possible since you are running iOS 5.
    I would then recommend doing a Purge and Reload all from Palm Desktop.The Purge and Reload All should overwrite the DejaOffice data.

Let me know if this helps.

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Angry All day events are still off by -1 days in version 1.2.8.

I'm still seeing the all future holiday's or the future all day events are out of sync from the day of sync by -1 days. ie. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New years day, M.L. King B-Day etc, in version 1.2.8 as was seen in version 1.2.7.

I'm running Palm Desktop version 6.2.2 on 64 bit Windows 7 Professional, and am syncing with an iPod touch model MC547LL, Version 4.3.5 (8L1)

CompanionLink Tech Support sent me this email about the issue on Date:10/25/2011:

Dear Richard,

Please open one of these affected events in DejaOffice. Is the event all day, or something like 11pm-11pm?

There is a known issue in the current version of DejaOffice, 1.2.7, affecting Daylight Savings Time. The next update to DejaOffice should resolve that issue.

Thank you,

Tech Support

All, the The Purge and Reload All should fixed the problem, I was a little premature with my last post.

Glad to see the fix.

Thanks

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hello Rellis,

Keep us informed if you still have issues.

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Sorry about the delay in replying...when I didn't see my post after I wrote it, I wondered if it ever made it to the forum, so I didn't check back. I noted elsewhere that 1.2.8 was available, downloaded it, did a purge and reload, and thing are better. There are still critical errors that I'll put in a different thread. I think that DO should notify registered users via e-mail of new releases to DO or CL.

~R~

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninetrees View Post
    Sorry about the delay in replying...when I didn't see my post after I wrote it, I wondered if it ever made it to the forum, so I didn't check back. I noted elsewhere that 1.2.8 was available, downloaded it, did a purge and reload, and thing are better. There are still critical errors that I'll put in a different thread. I think that DO should notify registered users via e-mail of new releases to DO or CL.

~R~
    Ninetrees,

Glad to hear things are better. I responded to your list of issues. Look forward to your response.

Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #

+ Reply to Thread