Thread: "Read Android Data" erroneously changes Android Calender alarms from None to 18 hours

"Read Android Data" erroneously changes Android Calender alarms from None to 18 hours

I have many calendar events in my Android Calendar (my primary calendar) with the alarm set to none. I am only using DejaOffice to sync my calendar and contacts to MS Outlook on my PC using Companion Link with a USB connection. I have been having problems with synced data being altered.

I have isolated the issue to the sync between DejaOffice and the Android Calendar. When I use the "Read Android Data" option in DJO, it updates many (not all) of my Android Calendar events and changes the alarm from None to 18 hours.

I have even uninstalled DJO and then re-installed and I noticed that it automatically obtained my calendar events and within DJO set the alarms to 18 Hours. These alarms in Android Calendar still say None.

Thinking that it may be an issue with syncing the latest data, I went back into my Android Calendar and updated the calendar items with additional notes and saved the updates. Then I used "Read Android Data", and it again altered the Android Calendar and sets the alarms to 18 hours.

I cannot use the "purge and Refresh" option in Companion Link as both the DJO database and the MS Outlook database are now corrupted with 18 hour alarms.

I have a Samsung Droid Charge
    Android firmware 2.2.1
    Android Calendar version 1.1
    DejaOffice version 1.12.3

Can this data corruption be fixed? Or, is there a way to force only one-way sync of items from Android Calendar and Contacts to DJO?

As I suspected, the DJO database was corrupted. I don't know how. Uninstalling DJO does NOT delete the data. Therefore, when I re installed DJO, the corrupt data was still there.

I uninstalled DJO again. Then went snooping around and discovered the database within a folder called "clusb". I deleted the contents of this folder, re-installed DJO and then did a manual "Read Android Data".

It appears that this fixed the issue.

My take-aways from this are:
    1) Still do not know how the DJO database became corrupted. I have concerns about this.
    2) Now I know how to delete the DJO database and rebuild it from Android data.
    3) Still wish there was an option to force one-way data synchronization.
    4) It appears that between DJO data and Android Data, the sync of data does NOT always use the most recently updated data. I have concerns about this.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cnguinn View Post
    As I suspected, the DJO database was corrupted. I don't know how. Uninstalling DJO does NOT delete the data. Therefore, when I re installed DJO, the corrupt data was still there.

I uninstalled DJO again. Then went snooping around and discovered the database within a folder called "clusb". I deleted the contents of this folder, re-installed DJO and then did a manual "Read Android Data".

It appears that this fixed the issue.

My take-aways from this are:
    1) Still do not know how the DJO database became corrupted. I have concerns about this.
    2) Now I know how to delete the DJO database and rebuild it from Android data.
    3) Still wish there was an option to force one-way data synchronization.
    4) It appears that between DJO data and Android Data, the sync of data does NOT always use the most recently updated data. I have concerns about this.
    cnguinn,

I still don't know if Google Sync was turned off in the Android Device Settings for the account you sync with.
    If Google Sync is not turned off in the Android Device Settings it is likely that something like this may happen again.