Closed Thread

Thread: 2 phones

2 phones

My husband and I both have android phones and are switching from palms. Will we both be able to use the CompanionLink on one desktop or will we have to buy two copies of the program and install on different computers?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Each user needs her or his own software license, so you'll need to purchase two copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Each user needs her or his own software license, so you'll need to purchase two copies.
    I think they wanted to know how that might work - so they have two licenses, let's say. Can they use both licenses for the same data from the same computer/datasource?

- Tim

DejaOffice Team Member
    > So let's say they have two licenses...then yes, it will work; they can sync their single PC database to two Android phones.

WBNOTE: Correction - CompanionLink Pro is needed here. If you purchase two licenses of CompanionLink USB, it still won't create separate tracking files for each phone. The separate files are needed to know what data is in sync to each phone. CompanionLink Pro allows up to three profiles, and will keep the tracking separate.

I have purchased pro and am setting it up with my iPad now (still working on trying to get automatic syncing going...say wha...) and then I'll move on to my iPhone. Will I need a second license? If so...what? I pays my money...then what? Install again...or just enter the new license where? Or wha...? Would I be the same "user" I'm lost

To send to two devices needs CompanionLink Pro. It allows up to three independent profiles. There's a data management issue in that for each device there are separate tracking files for what has synchronized and what has not.

Closed Thread