+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DejaOffice 1.2.8: Repeating timeless appointments w weekly intervals don't repeat cor

DejaOffice 1.2.8: Repeating timeless appointments w weekly intervals don't repeat cor

I have repeating timeless appointments w weekly intervals of 2,3, or 4. These appointments display correctly on the Palm, but not on the iTouch. For example, a timeless appointment that is defined for every 2 weeks on the Palm, and displays correctly, shows up every week on DO. Do you folks have a Palm device that you use for testing? Do you have a defined test that you perform for each release? I run a software engineering company, and we know that each release must be tested with a structured test, otherwise we miss things like this.

~R~
    Last edited by Ninetrees; 11-20-2011 at 05:21 AM.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninetrees View Post
    I have repeating timeless appointments w weekly intervals of 2,3, or 4. These appointments display correctly on the Palm, but not on the iTouch. For example, a timeless appointment that is defined for every 2 weeks on the Palm, and displays correctly, shows up every week on DO. Do you folks have a Palm device that you use for testing? Do you have a defined test that you perform for each release? I run a software engineering company, and we know that each release must be tested with a structured test, otherwise we miss things like this.

~R~
    Hello Ninetrees,

What version of Palm Desktop do you sync with?
    What Sync method do you use?
    What generation iPod Touch do you have?
    What version of iOS is installed?

When I get this information I will test on my end to check your results.
    Thanks

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

~R~
    Mobile Device iTouch 4G, iOS5, current
    DejaOffice version 1.2.8
    CompanionLink 5004
    Sync Method: Wi-Fi
    Data Manager App: Palm 4.x
    Windows 7 x64, Windows 10 Pro x64
    Mobile Device: Samsung Note 4, Android 6.0.1
    DejaOffice: 4.3.7.1018
    CompanionLink: 6.0.0.0.6048
    Sync Method: USB File Xfer mod - shows in Windows file manager
    Data Manager: Palm 4.1.4

Hmm..thought that I already answered this, but don't see my reply...that info should show up in my sig...

~R~

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hmm..thought that I already answered this, but don't see my reply...that info should show up in my sig...

~R~
    R,

I see it in the Sig now.
    Still need the Palm Desktop version you Sync with.

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Last line - Palm 4.1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    R,

I see it in the Sig now.
    Still need the Palm Desktop version you Sync with.
    I tried 6.x, but didn't like it as well, and there is no need to change versions as long as CL links to the Palm Desktop v4. I expect that a better desktop app will appear in the near future...Pimilical looks good, but a bit unpolished at this point.

~R~

DejaOffice Team Member
    I tried 6.x, but didn't like it as well, and there is no need to change versions as long as CL links to the Palm Desktop v4. I expect that a better desktop app will appear in the near future...Pimilical looks good, but a bit unpolished at this point.

~R~
    Hello Ninetrees,

Pimlical is a viable option for Palm Desktop users that want to move to PDT environment in a more modern version of Windows.
    We have lots of Customers Still using the PDT 4.x.

Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #

DejaOffice Team Member
    ~R~
    Mobile Device iTouch 4G, iOS5, current
    DejaOffice version 1.2.8
    CompanionLink 5004
    Sync Method: Wi-Fi
    Data Manager App: Palm 4.x
    Ninetrees,

What you are running into is a known intermittent issue. I will provide some information on this help you get a sense of our test efforts around this:

We have been working on this issue for a while and have seen it's occurence declining significantly over the last several builds.
    1. This behavior was reproducible in our in house labs about 10% of the time in build DejaOffice for iPhone build 1.2.8.
    2. We have made more code changes in an effort to fix the problem in the current in house build.
    3. We currently cannot reproduce the behavior in the latest in house test build, but testing has not been completed.

I hope this information is helpful.

Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #

Very helpful:
    1. It is nice to see DO staff interacting here; shows the company is involved. Users sure don't know what is going on @ DO.
    2. I consider myself an experienced developer (scientific & engineering, real-time embedded apps), and I would like to see some specific issues addressed in DO and CL (doesn't mean that I am always correct or reasonable; I'd like to be part of a discussion). I am banking on their future...
    3. The details are useful to help me keep perspective. It is most frustrating as a user of any product to appeal to the developers and find that I have spoken into a vacuum.
    4. DO is a product under development in a complex environment; things won't be fixed in a snap. Nonetheless, I intend to post everything that I run into, under the assumption that if you folks new DO had a problem, you'd not let it slide.

~R~

DejaOffice Team Member
    Very helpful:
    1. It is nice to see DO staff interacting here; shows the company is involved. Users sure don't know what is going on @ DO.
    2. I consider myself an experienced developer (scientific & engineering, real-time embedded apps), and I would like to see some specific issues addressed in DO and CL (doesn't mean that I am always correct or reasonable; I'd like to be part of a discussion). I am banking on their future...
    3. The details are useful to help me keep perspective. It is most frustrating as a user of any product to appeal to the developers and find that I have spoken into a vacuum.
    4. DO is a product under development in a complex environment; things won't be fixed in a snap. Nonetheless, I intend to post everything that I run into, under the assumption that if you folks new DO had a problem, you'd not let it slide.

~R~
    Hello Ninetrees,

Thank you for these comments. We certainly look forward to your participation here.

Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #

+ Reply to Thread