Thread: DejaOffice 1.2.8: How to send items from one iTouch to another?

DejaOffice 1.2.8: How to send items from one iTouch to another?

We are accustomed to sending contacts, memos, cal events, &c. from one Palm to another via IR or Bluetooth. How do we do this in DO on the iTouch?

~R~

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hello Ninetrees,

DejaOffice does not share files between devices via IR or Bluetooth.
    You may want to look at an application Called "Bump" in the App Store.

Hmm..searched the store for "bump" and none of the ~60 apps returned looked like the business tool we might be discussing. I'll do a web search. Pardon me while I shed a tear for yet another Palm feature that the iTouch lacks. OTOH, I was successful in syncing my wife's iTouch to to my laptop, so I now have both of our Palm databases on the same computer. That was something that we used regularly with the Palms. I'd like to think that the iTouch will evolve from its "toy" roots to be a more powerful tool. I have been fortunate to find many of the tools that I used on the Palm as apps for the iTouch. Some of these are admittedly more advanced than their Palm counterparts, though I wonder where the Palm would be now had it been better managed in the marketplace. Perhaps its time to fade away had come...

~R~
    Windows 7 x64, Windows 10 Pro x64
    Mobile Device: Samsung Note 4, Android 6.0.1
    DejaOffice: 4.3.7.1018
    CompanionLink: 6.0.0.0.6048
    Sync Method: USB File Xfer mod - shows in Windows file manager
    Data Manager: Palm 4.1.4

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninetrees View Post
    Hmm..searched the store for "bump" and none of the ~60 apps returned looked like the business tool we might be discussing. I'll do a web search. Pardon me while I shed a tear for yet another Palm feature that the iTouch lacks. OTOH, I was successful in syncing my wife's iTouch to to my laptop, so I now have both of our Palm databases on the same computer. That was something that we used regularly with the Palms. I'd like to think that the iTouch will evolve from its "toy" roots to be a more powerful tool. I have been fortunate to find many of the tools that I used on the Palm as apps for the iTouch. Some of these are admittedly more advanced than their Palm counterparts, though I wonder where the Palm would be now had it been better managed in the marketplace. Perhaps its time to fade away had come...

~R~
    Ninetrees,

Congratulations on combining the Palm Desktop databases.
    Fair warning, if you intend to Sync multiple mobile devices to the same PC CompanionLink Pro is the Desktop version you need to be using.
    It allows you to create and save multiple sync profiles. Without the Pro version there will be problems with the Sync, and data integrity on your devices and in Palm Desktop.