Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SYNCing not sinking in!

SYNCing not sinking in!

My first Android device, Dell Streak 7 Wi-Fi Android 2.2 OTA'd to 3.2. I retired my Win CE HPC using Active Sync when I retired 3 1/2 years ago so I'm trying to get the same results as I remember.

I'm confused by the SYNCing. There is SYNC in DJO, CL Setup and another CL shortcut on the PC desktop. What's difference in each and what they do? I have everything synced both ways and deletions in both are synchronized. I'm a bit fuzzy on the deletions too. As I remember, a deletion in one was synced to the other but I'm not seeing that.

What does the Reload Android Data mean? What does Automatically Synchronize option in the Wi-Fi CL Setup mean?
    Bill

Nexus 10 Buttered Manta AOKP 4.3 & KTManta Kernel
    Dell Streak 7 Wi-Fi, Android ICS 4.0.3 DJ_Steve's beta4 ROM
    DJO v2.5.7
    CL v5.0 build 5076
    MS Outlook
    WiFi sync

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wptski View Post
    My first Android device, Dell Streak 7 Wi-Fi Android 2.2 OTA'd to 3.2. I retired my Win CE HPC using Active Sync when I retired 3 1/2 years ago so I'm trying to get the same results as I remember.

I'm confused by the SYNCing. There is SYNC in DJO, CL Setup and another CL shortcut on the PC desktop. What's difference in each and what they do? I have everything synced both ways and deletions in both are synchronized. I'm a bit fuzzy on the deletions too. As I remember, a deletion in one was synced to the other but I'm not seeing that.

What does the Reload Android Data mean? What does Automatically Synchronize option in the Wi-Fi CL Setup mean?
    wptski,

Thanks for posting. I will try to explain a few things.
    PC Desktop = Most users get two desktop icons
    CompanionLink Setup = This is what you use to configure your sync settings and can actively manage the Sync process.
    CompanionLink Synchronize = Use this icon to prompt a Sync to begin after CompanionLink is Configured.

DejaOffice Sync = For Wifi = Use this icon to display your most current WiFi I.P address on your Android Device. (USB Sync users need this to begin their sync. Not necessary for WiFi Sync users.)
    Read Android Data = Another Sync/Merge function that may display in the main screen of DejaOffice. This will only appear as an option if you have configured DejaOffice to sync your Contacts or Calendar data with the Native Android Apps.

Deletions - If the: "Records Deleted in both Android Device and Outlook will be synchronized" is checked then all deletions will be synced. So if you delte an Outlook contact, then it will be deleted in DejaOffice, and vise versa.

Reload Android Data = What build # of CompanionLink are you using?

What does Automatically Synchronize option in the Wi-Fi CL Setup mean? It means the same thing in both places it shows up.
    CompanionLink will automatically sync via WiFi when your device is in range and a change is detected in Outlook.
    You can modify the specific settings in the Advanced Settings as well.

You can review the Advanced Settings info for CompanionLink here:
    http://www.companionlink.com/support..._Settings_Tabs

I hope this helps

Build 5004. I just set it to Auto Sync, Sync'd it, deleted a previously entered Calender test entry and it's still in my device. I checked the Advanced Settings and it's set to Always in the Timer section but what does Manual mean in the Auto section?

Just notice that All Day Events from the past aren't in my device. They were past the 90 day default setting

Any form of automatic sync doesn't work. I did find out why manual sync had a problem, it wasn't ticked on the automatic tab. Switching from auto in WiFi section should tick manual in Advanced tab but it wasn't!
    Last edited by wptski; 11-29-2011 at 08:37 PM.
    Bill

DJO v2.5.7
    CL v5.0 build 5076
    MS Outlook
    WiFi sync

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    wptski,

Deletions - If the: "Records Deleted in both Android Device and Outlook will be synchronized" is checked then all deletions will be synced. So if you delte an Outlook contact, then it will be deleted in DejaOffice, and vise versa.

I hope this helps
    Just a question about that:

I have:
    - data range = 365 days;
    - "Sync both ways" in Applications/Calendar
    - deletions "Records deleted in both..."

My problem is that with this configuration if I delete an appoiment in my device, it's deleted too in my PC and also the other way. Great! ... but not only recent appointments are deleted, ALSO the appointments in my PC for more than 365 days (Data Range).

This is a good thing in the device (to have more space) but then I lose too the data in the PC and I need to keep it (meetings, interview, etc.). My question is, could have one option (if not implemented) that deleted all changes made EXCEPT the marked in "Data range"?

Thanks in advance.

PC: XP and CL 5004
    Device: HTC Desire and DO 1.12.5

Still have Syncing problem. Using Manual SYNC, create a test event in the PC calender, SYNC from PC and it appears DJO. Delete from PC, SYNC from PC and it reappears on the PC. Delete a second time from PC, SYNC from PC and it finally gets deleted from DJO.
    Bill

DJO v2.5.7
    CL v5.0 build 5076
    MS Outlook
    WiFi sync

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtas1306 View Post
    Just a question about that:

I have:
    - data range = 365 days;
    - "Sync both ways" in Applications/Calendar
    - deletions "Records deleted in both..."

My problem is that with this configuration if I delete an appoiment in my device, it's deleted too in my PC and also the other way. Great! ... but not only recent appointments are deleted, ALSO the appointments in my PC for more than 365 days (Data Range).

This is a good thing in the device (to have more space) but then I lose too the data in the PC and I need to keep it (meetings, interview, etc.). My question is, could have one option (if not implemented) that deleted all changes made EXCEPT the marked in "Data range"?

Thanks in advance.

PC: XP and CL 5004
    Device: HTC Desire and DO 1.12.5
    Mtas,

You can increase the number of days in the date range well beyond 365.
    Sounds like you are talking about recurring events possibly?

I enter a calender appointment with a 30 day cycle recurrence using the default of nine months. SYNC'd it and it appeared in my device. Later I edited the note on a contact, SYNC'd it and it appeared in my device. Today I noticed that my newly added appointment was gone. I remembered what I had done and repeated the steps with the same results.
    Bill

DJO v2.5.7
    CL v5.0 build 5076
    MS Outlook
    WiFi sync

DejaOffice Team Member
    I enter a calender appointment with a 30 day cycle recurrence using the default of nine months. SYNC'd it and it appeared in my device. Later I edited the note on a contact, SYNC'd it and it appeared in my device. Today I noticed that my newly added appointment was gone. I remembered what I had done and repeated the steps with the same results.
    wptski,

Thanks for reporting this.
    If the recurring calendar event is missing from DejaOffice try this:
    1. Open DejaOffice.
    2. From the DejaOffice Main Screen tap Setting.
    3. Tap Calendar Settings
    4. Scroll to the bottom and tap Rebuild Calendar Display.

If that does not work, I will try to reproduce this issue on our end.

Can you give me or confirm some specific information about your personal configuration.
    1. Dell Streak Running Android 3.2
    2. WiFI Sync
    3. CompanionLink build #
    4. DejaOffice Version #
    5. PIM (Outlook PalmDesktop ACT! Etc..) and Version #
    6. Was the missing recurring event created on the PC, in DejaOffice, or in Native Android Calendar?
    7. DO you sync DejaOffice Calendar with the Native Android Calendar.
    8. Did the recurring event that disappeared have any Linked Contacts in your DB associated with it or any other special parameters set?

Looking forward to your response.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    wptski,

Thanks for reporting this.
    If the recurring calendar event is missing from DejaOffice try this:
    1. Open DejaOffice.
    2. From the DejaOffice Main Screen tap Setting.
    3. Tap Calendar Settings
    4. Scroll to the bottom and tap Rebuild Calendar Display.

If that does not work, I will try to reproduce this issue on our end.

Can you give me or confirm some specific information about your personal configuration.
    1. Dell Streak Running Android 3.2
    2. WiFI Sync
    3. CompanionLink build #
    4. DejaOffice Version #
    5. PIM (Outlook PalmDesktop ACT! Etc..) and Version #
    6. Was the missing recurring event created on the PC, in DejaOffice, or in Native Android Calendar?
    7. DO you sync DejaOffice Calendar with the Native Android Calendar.
    8. Did the recurring event that disappeared have any Linked Contacts in your DB associated with it or any other special parameters set?

Looking forward to your response.
    To clarify a bit more, the calender event is missing in both the PC and the Android device.
    Bill

DJO v2.5.7
    CL v5.0 build 5076
    MS Outlook
    WiFi sync

DejaOffice Team Member
    Build 5004. I just set it to Auto Sync, Sync'd it, deleted a previously entered Calender test entry and it's still in my device. I checked the Advanced Settings and it's set to Always in the Timer section but what does Manual mean in the Auto section?

Just notice that All Day Events from the past aren't in my device. They were past the 90 day default setting

Any form of automatic sync doesn't work. I did find out why manual sync had a problem, it wasn't ticked on the automatic tab. Switching from auto in WiFi section should tick manual in Advanced tab but it wasn't!
    wptski,

Manual sync ensures that the Sync process only happens when you initiate a sync manually.
    I am working with a beta build of CompanionLink and do not see the issue's you are having with Automatic Sync Settings.
    I will dig a little deeper to see if that is an issue we resolved recently.