Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SYNCing not sinking in!

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wptski View Post
    To clarify a bit more, the calender event is missing in both the PC and the Android device.
    I am happy to look into this for you. I am going to need that laundry list of info I mentioned in order to accurately reproduce the issue:

If that does not work, I will try to reproduce this issue on our end.

Can you give me or confirm some specific information about your personal configuration.
    1. Dell Streak Running Android 3.2
    2. WiFI Sync
    3. CompanionLink build #
    4. DejaOffice Version #
    5. PIM (Outlook PalmDesktop ACT! Etc..) and Version #
    6. Was the missing recurring event created on the PC, in DejaOffice, or in Native Android Calendar?
    7. Do you sync DejaOffice Calendar with the Native Android Calendar.
    8. Did the recurring event that disappeared have any Linked Contacts in your DB associated with it or any other special parameters set?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I am happy to look into this for you. I am going to need that laundry list of info I mentioned in order to accurately reproduce the issue:

Can you give me or confirm some specific information about your personal configuration.
    2. WiFI Sync
    3. CompanionLink build #
    4. DejaOffice Version #
    6. Was the missing recurring event created on the PC, in DejaOffice, or in Native Android Calendar?
    8. Did the recurring event that disappeared have any Linked Contacts in your DB associated with it or any other special parameters set?
    1. Dell Streak 7 with Android 3.2
    2. Wi-Fi SYNC
    3. CL build 5004
    4. DJO v1.12.5
    5. MS Outlook, part of MS Office Home&Business 2010 v14.0.6112.500(32-bit)
    6. Event created on the PC
    7. Didn't sync with Native Android Calendar, in fact never looked at it till now and it's empty.
    8. No links or anything special.

Some where above you mentioned that the Sync in DJO is only for USB sync, so there's no option to sync from DJO manually using Wi-Fi?

I also find that the Auto Sync or timed SYNC every 15 minutes does nothing.
    Bill

Nexus 10 Buttered Manta AOKP 4.3 & KTManta Kernel
    Dell Streak 7 Wi-Fi, Android ICS 4.0.3 DJ_Steve's beta4 ROM
    DJO v2.5.7
    CL v5.0 build 5076
    MS Outlook
    WiFi sync

2. WiFI Sync
    3. CompanionLink build #
    4. DejaOffice Version #
    Thomas:

I replied yesterday but was held up for approval, not sure what happened to it. So we'll try again.

2. Wi-Fi Sync
    3. CL build 5004
    4. DJO v1.12.5
    5. MS Outlook part of MS Office Home&Business 2010 v14.0.6112.500(32-bit)
    6. The recurring event was created on the PC
    7. I Sync just the DJO, infact I've never looked at the Native Calendar till just now and it's empty
    8. The recurring event was simple with any links or special parameters

With further testing I have discovered that any calendar event created in DJO syncs with the PC and deletes from the PC. If the calendar event is created on the PC syncs with DJO but if deleted from the PC, sync'd again from the PC will show on the PC again. A second delete from the PC and sync, it stays deleted.
    Bill

DJO v2.5.7
    CL v5.0 build 5076
    MS Outlook
    WiFi sync

Thomas:

I replied yesterday but was held up for approval, not sure what happened to it. So we'll try again. It's 12/6, my third try to respond. Responses on 12/1 and 12/2 have not shown yet! I've PM'd you and yesterday, I emailed a trouble ticket about the posting and DJO/CL5 problem. I keep adding to this post.

2. Wi-Fi Sync
    3. CL build 5004
    4. DJO v1.12.5
    5. MS Outlook part of MS Office Home&Business 2010 v14.0.6112.500(32-bit)
    6. The recurring event was created on the PC
    7. I Sync just the DJO, infact I've never looked at the Native Calendar till just now and it's empty
    8. The recurring event was simple with any links or special parameters

With further testing I have discovered that any calendar event created in DJO syncs with the PC and deletes from the PC. If the calendar event is created on the PC syncs with DJO but if deleted from the PC, sync'd again from the PC will show on the PC again. A second delete from the PC and sync, it stays deleted.

EDIT:12/6
    Another instance that repeats. Created a calendar daily event that runs from today(12/6) to 12/31, no links, notes, etc. Syncd from PC, all appear in DJO, closed DJO, reopened, reSyncd from PC and all are deleted from both. As long as DJO is open, reSyncing makes no changes.
    Bill

DJO v2.5.7
    CL v5.0 build 5076
    MS Outlook
    WiFi sync

Thomas:

So far your changes made during our phone call fixed the major syncing issue I had but I ran into another problem. I created a PC recurring calendar event for five days with a note, saved it but then edited the subject for the last day. It sync'd but the note is missing from the last day in DJO and is flagged as not having a note. Tried to rebuild the calendar, no joy. The note is still in the PC though. Tried a second resync, still no joy.
    Bill

DJO v2.5.7
    CL v5.0 build 5076
    MS Outlook
    WiFi sync

Thomas:

A few days ago I emailed you the following along with a logging file.
    >>
    Another problem. I created a recurring calendar event daily for four days from my PC, nothing fancy just a simple appointment. Sync’d it but only three consecutive events show in DJO. Reloaded calendar, no change and several hours later I resync’d again with no charge. Attached is today’s log file.
    >>

In DJO it shows the event ending after four days by date except it doesn't appear on the fourth day. I tried deleting it, reentering it and it always comes up one day short. No matter if I increased the amount of days it runs, it's always one day short.

I know in the past, I had no trouble with this but maybe it's not the same exact situation. Today I had to create another one but it was in January and every day showed up in DJO!
    Bill

DJO v2.5.7
    CL v5.0 build 5076
    MS Outlook
    WiFi sync

To add to the confusion with reocurring events mentioned above, it had since worked correctly and is back to the missing the last day again. I've tried to guess at different situations but "right" now, it's always missing the last day in DJO.
    Last edited by wptski; 12-14-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    Bill

DJO v2.5.7
    CL v5.0 build 5076
    MS Outlook
    WiFi sync

It was doing reocurring events correctly for weeks till I was forced to do a Factory Reset and it's now being short by one day again. I updated CL to 5014 which didn't help. Very annoying. It's odd how it goes back/forth between working correctly and not!
    Bill

DJO v2.5.7
    CL v5.0 build 5076
    MS Outlook
    WiFi sync

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wptski View Post
    It was doing reocurring events correctly for weeks till I was forced to do a Factory Reset and it's now being short by one day again. I updated CL to 5014 which didn't help. Very annoying. It's odd how it goes back/forth between working correctly and not!
    So sorry you had to do a factory reset and now things are not working as expected with the sync.
    Did you do a Purge and reload (Delete all records on Adroid) after restoring the device? I would try that if you have not.

So sorry you had to do a factory reset and now things are not working as expected with the sync.
    Did you do a Purge and reload (Delete all records on Adroid) after restoring the device? I would try that if you have not.
    Well, it's went from not working, working, not working and working all before the factory reset was performed but I didn't do a Purge/Reload.

Purge/reload didn't help, still showong one day short in DJO.
    Last edited by wptski; 01-16-2012 at 06:52 AM.
    Bill

DJO v2.5.7
    CL v5.0 build 5076
    MS Outlook
    WiFi sync