Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: one-way sync from DejaContacts to Droid Contacts?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2

    one-way sync from DejaContacts to Droid Contacts?

    Sometimes I get phone calls on my Droid-based HTC Desire from contacts I know are in my DejaContacts, but the phone does not identify the caller, because the Droid phone is using the Droid's native contacts database. I want to sync my DejaContacts information into the Droid's contacts database, but only one-way synchronization. (I do not want the Droid's contact information to make any changes to my DejaContacts information.)
    Please tell me how to make it happen?
    In advance, thanks!
    Chris.

  2. #2
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr C View Post
    Sometimes I get phone calls on my Droid-based HTC Desire from contacts I know are in my DejaContacts, but the phone does not identify the caller, because the Droid phone is using the Droid's native contacts database. I want to sync my DejaContacts information into the Droid's contacts database, but only one-way synchronization. (I do not want the Droid's contact information to make any changes to my DejaContacts information.)
    Please tell me how to make it happen?
    In advance, thanks!
    Chris.
    Pr C,

    The DejaOffice sync to Native Contacts is a two way sync function. (Think Merge)
    You could try one technique, but it would overwrite all the data currently in the Android Contacts account you sync with and put all your data form your PC into Native Contacts in the process. I am not sue if that is what you are looking for. SO I am hesitant to suggest it.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Pr C,

    The DejaOffice sync to Native Contacts is a two way sync function. (Think Merge)
    You could try one technique, but it would overwrite all the data currently in the Android Contacts account you sync with and put all your data form your PC into Native Contacts in the process. I am not sue if that is what you are looking for. SO I am hesitant to suggest it.
    Hi Thomas, I'm looking excatly for this, you say: overwrite my Androids Contacts with my PC or DejaOffice contacts! Thanks for telling me how do it.

  4. #4
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by mtas1306 View Post
    Hi Thomas, I'm looking excatly for this, you say: overwrite my Androids Contacts with my PC or DejaOffice contacts! Thanks for telling me how do it.
    mtas,

    What I was referring to is the following:
    Turn on Native Contacts sync in DejaOffice.
    Do a Purge and Relaod of all data from CompanionLink.
    Turn Native Contact Sync off in DejaOffice:

    The result will be that DejaOffice and Native Contacts will overwritten with your PC Data.
    Moving forward the Data in DejaOffice and Native contacts ill remain separate.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    344
    Thomas,

    it would be great to have a feature like "always overwrite native contacts", but (!) only those contacts which have been changed should be handled like this to save time. In this case it's not necessary to read the native contacts before sync.

    It would be nice to have a button in DO "Update native contacts" to bring them up to date without syncing with the PC (eg after doing some changes on the phone only).

    Michael

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by MG111 View Post
    Thomas,

    it would be great to have a feature like "always overwrite native contacts", but (!) only those contacts which have been changed should be handled like this to save time. In this case it's not necessary to read the native contacts before sync.

    It would be nice to have a button in DO "Update native contacts" to bring them up to date without syncing with the PC (eg after doing some changes on the phone only).

    Michael
    Thanks, Thomas, for the Purge and Reload info. But I'm not seeing the exact words "Native Contacts" option in DejaOffice --> Settings --> Sync settings. I'll assume you mean we would check-mark the "Sync with Android Contacts App". But then where to find that Purge and Reload option is not clear to me.

    Do pass on to the DejaOffice developers Michael's (MG111) suggestions. Having a simple one-way sync to update contact information from DejaContacts to the Droid's native contact database would be a welcome feature.

    Chris.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26

    This is a problem I am running into also

    Most of my contacts from DJO are synced to my Android, but some, are not. I am fine with overwriting my Android contacts, with DJO, as I don't store anything anywhere but in DJO (& Palm Desktop). I also didn't find the Native contacts setting. Many thanks for your help.

  8. #8
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr C View Post
    Thanks, Thomas, for the Purge and Reload info. But I'm not seeing the exact words "Native Contacts" option in DejaOffice --> Settings --> Sync settings. I'll assume you mean we would check-mark the "Sync with Android Contacts App". But then where to find that Purge and Reload option is not clear to me.

    Do pass on to the DejaOffice developers Michael's (MG111) suggestions. Having a simple one-way sync to update contact information from DejaContacts to the Droid's native contact database would be a welcome feature.

    Chris.
    PrC,

    Correct. "sync with Android Contacts App" is the correct option.
    A simple one way sync with the Android Database is not really an option at this time, based on how the Android OS manages our access to their Data. If it was, this would already be an option for our users.
    We always monitor possible innovations to ur software with new Android OS and SDK (Software Developer Kit) releases. If this becomes a possibility, I have no doubt we would explore adding it ASAP.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    A simple one way sync with the Android Database is not really an option at this time, based on how the Android OS manages our access to their Data. If it was, this would already be an option for our users.
    We always monitor possible innovations to ur software with new Android OS and SDK (Software Developer Kit) releases. If this becomes a possibility, I have no doubt we would explore adding it ASAP.
    Isn't the "local sync" after "PC sync" doing exactly this? Why isn't it possible to start this local sync manually? Because this sync takes a long time (in my case about 5 minutes) I often cancel the automatic sync after PC sync, because I need to use my mobile phone ... ;-)

    Michael

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by MG111 View Post
    Isn't the "local sync" after "PC sync" doing exactly this? Why isn't it possible to start this local sync manually? Because this sync takes a long time (in my case about 5 minutes) I often cancel the automatic sync after PC sync, because I need to use my mobile phone ... ;-)

    Michael
    You can start the local sync manually. That's what the "read Android data bases" does(I'm going off the top of my head so I may not have the wording exact-- I didn't include this option on my installation). However, it is still a two-way sync, not a one way sync.
    DejaOffice PC CRM Standalone Build 1126, Windows 10 Home Version ver. 1903
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 9), May 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), June 2019 security patch.
    DejaCloud Sync.

    *Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •