Thread: DejaOffice 2.1.7 - not all synced items transferred to native calendar

DejaOffice 2.1.7 - not all synced items transferred to native calendar

When I sync 1-way (Palm -> Android) via WiFi with Companionlink Professional (latest build) to DejaOffice (latest build), it appears to be syncing DejaCalendar items, but it is no longer also putting them in the native Android Calendar is it used to. SOME of them go in it, SOME of them do not.

I can't say what specific actions caused this, since I have a lot of Calendar items. I have clicked "reread palm desktop" and "reread android", and also "read android data" in DejaOffice after a sync, and the new items in DejaCalendar are NOT put into Android Calendar.

Is this a known current problem?

Eventually, I will stop using the native Calendar, but I am surprised that it selectively adds new items to the native Calendar, and does NOT add others. Why might this be?

EDIT: I noticed that I didn't have "sync with native calendar" checked in the Android app. Once I did that, everything synced up. HOWEVER, why would ANYTHING be synced to it if it was not checked? Some things were checked, and some things were not, even when it was unchecked.

EDIT 2: GAAAH! And I see that many repeating events are not copied from DejaCalendar to the native Calendar even when native Calendar sync is enabled. Is this by design?

- Tim
    Last edited by tbessie; 03-15-2012 at 10:47 PM.
    Sony XZ2 Compact - Android 8.0 (stock)
    DejaOffice v4.4.8, build 1072 - CompanionLink Professional 8, Build 8018
    Outlook 2010 - CL Sync : Outlook <-(WiFi)-> Android

Quote Originally Posted by tbessie View Post
    EDIT 2: GAAAH! And I see that many repeating events are not copied from DejaCalendar to the native Calendar even when native Calendar sync is enabled. Is this by design?

- Tim
    Unfortunately, this is a known problem with recurring events; therefore, it is not recommended to sync with native Android calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Unfortunately, this is a known problem with recurring events; therefore, it is not recommended to sync with native Android calendar.
    Ah well - yeah, recurring events are a bear. Isn't there some kind of vCal standard for recurring events, or is that something that nobody's ever agreed on? You'd think after all these years, there'd be a standard, and everyone's Calendar (or otherwise PIM-like) apps would follow them.

Of course, Google always likes to do things their own way.

- Tim
    Sony XZ2 Compact - Android 8.0 (stock)
    DejaOffice v4.4.8, build 1072 - CompanionLink Professional 8, Build 8018
    Outlook 2010 - CL Sync : Outlook <-(WiFi)-> Android