Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recurring tasks: wrong new alarm time after completing current task

Recurring tasks: wrong new alarm time after completing current task

Hallo,

yesterday an old bug did come up twice again with DO 1.12.8:

1.) Recurring task, weekly. Starting date eg 16.1., Due date eg. 18.1., alarm 16.1., 10:00

I snoozed the alarm several times and on the very last alarm yesterday I did not click "close alarm", but simply on the checkbox to mark this task as "completed".

Then I checked the new task for next week and the alarm time was NOT 16 + 7 = 23.1., 10:00 but the very last alarm time yesterday + 7 days ...

2.) Nearly same situation above, but this time the new alarm time was not set to the very last alarm time + 7 days, but to the very first alarm time of the recurring task at all.

So the task series has been created on 21.12.2011 (Wednesday) and the current task started therefore yesterday. When I completed the task, a new task was created, starting and due date next Wednesday (25.1.2012 - this is correct), but the alarm time was set to 21.12.2011 (!!!) 9:00 (so the time was correct, but not the day)

FYI, I did now upgrade to DO 2.1.1, hoping this bug does not exist in this release. But maybe the development can have a look at the code for recurring tasks once more, to be sure ...

Many thanks!

Michael

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MG111 View Post
    Hallo,

yesterday an old bug did come up twice again with DO 1.12.8:

1.) Recurring task, weekly. Starting date eg 16.1., Due date eg. 18.1., alarm 16.1., 10:00

I snoozed the alarm several times and on the very last alarm yesterday I did not click "close alarm", but simply on the checkbox to mark this task as "completed".

Then I checked the new task for next week and the alarm time was NOT 16 + 7 = 23.1., 10:00 but the very last alarm time yesterday + 7 days ...

2.) Nearly same situation above, but this time the new alarm time was not set to the very last alarm time + 7 days, but to the very first alarm time of the recurring task at all.

So the task series has been created on 21.12.2011 (Wednesday) and the current task started therefore yesterday. When I completed the task, a new task was created, starting and due date next Wednesday (25.1.2012 - this is correct), but the alarm time was set to 21.12.2011 (!!!) 9:00 (so the time was correct, but not the day)

FYI, I did now upgrade to DO 2.1.1, hoping this bug does not exist in this release. But maybe the development can have a look at the code for recurring tasks once more, to be sure ...

Many thanks!

Michael
    Hi Michael,

Thanks for the report. We are moving forward with 2.1.1 and will continue to look at alarms if issue's still occur.

Thomas,

today the issue #2 occured (again) with DO 2.1.1 - I completed the task, the new was set to next Monday (as every Monday) but the alarm was set to the first Monday in December 2011 (when this task has been created in Oulook ...).

I don't know, what I should sent to you, as there is no log in DO, is it?

Any idea?

Michael

Michael
    CL 6052 on Win10 & Outlook 2013 @office

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)
    Samsung Galaxy A3 2017, Android 8.0.0, German Language
    - Direct USB Sync (mass storage)

Thomas,

issue #2 happend once again for a second task. The task started yesterday (Monday in Europe) and was due today (Tuesday). Alarm time was yesterday, 17:00. I snoozed it several times and today - in the alarm pop-up - I set it to "completed". A new task was created for next week, but the alarm time was set to Monday, 2nd of January 2012 ... :-(

Any idea? It's a really annoying bug.

Michael

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)

Thomas,

i'm just wondering, if DO makes a mistake in calculating the "new" alarm date/time. It should be relatively to start date (+/-) of the new task and must not depend on the initial start date ...

So deltaAlarmStart = ReminderTime - StartTime

deltaStartEnd = patternStartTime - patternEndTime (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff863458.aspx)

newStartTime = StartTime + Interval

newEndTime = newStartTime + deltaStartEnd
    --> because of DOs feature to shift due date, it must not be EndTime + Interval ..., right?

newReminderTime = newStartTime + deltaAlarmStart
    --> here seems to be a bug ... maybe "patternStartTime" is used ...

If I can do something to help you to find the reason for this bug, please tell me! :-)

Michael

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)

Thomas,

I just want to add something to my very last posting: mybe it's a problem in the sync process Outlook <-> DO with the fields "patternStartDate", "patternEndDate" ...?!

Michael

EDIT: the "very last posting" is still not online but in queue for confirmation ...
    Last edited by MG111; 01-24-2012 at 06:06 AM.

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)

Did you turn on logging in DO? It puts a log in the clusb folder on the android.
    You can also turn on logging in CL for the Sync process. Ctrl+Shift+L turn on logging for 24 hours. Please not that this makes syncing very slow and you need to give it some more time even if you think that it has stalled.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

So today the issue occured again.

Recurring task "Terminal Server Test", weekly, Start = Due = Wednesday, Alarm = Wednesday 9:00

The task has been created a few weeks ago. Last task date was 25.1.2012, alarm came up on that day and I snoozed it several times (always a few hours) till today (27.1.2012). Right now I clicked on the checkbox in the alarm window to complete the task.

A new task was created

Start 1.2.2012 (correct)
    Due 1.2.2012 (correct)
    Alarm 25.1.2012 9:00 (WRONG!!! Should be 1.2.2012)

You can find the very last log file here: http://www2.guetlbauer.com/cl/log27122012.txt

Any idea? (Now it's getting really annoying ...)

BTW, I installed the update to new beta 2.1.2 a few minutes before.

Michael
    Last edited by MG111; 01-27-2012 at 05:02 AM.

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MG111 View Post
    So today the issue occured again.

Recurring task "Terminal Server Test", weekly, Start = Due = Wednesday, Alarm = Wednesday 9:00

The task has been created a few weeks ago. Last task date was 25.1.2012, alarm came up on that day and I snoozed it several times (always a few hours) till today (27.1.2012). Right now I clicked on the checkbox in the alarm window to complete the task.

A new task was created

Start 1.2.2012 (correct)
    Due 1.2.2012 (correct)
    Alarm 25.1.2012 9:00 (WRONG!!! Should be 1.2.2012)

You can find the very last log file here: http://www2.guetlbauer.com/cl/log27122012.txt

Any idea? (Now it's getting really annoying ...)

BTW, I installed the update to new beta 2.1.2 a few minutes before.

Michael
    Michael,

Thanks for this.

I want to verify a few details...
    I inferred the following and want to make sure I am hearing you correctly.

New task created in Outlook - Correct me if I am wrong.
    Task was then Synced to DejaOffice and the info displayed incorrectly there.
    - OR it was all created in DejaOffice and Saved incorrectly on the device...

Please verify and or clarify...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Michael,

Thanks for this.

I want to verify a few details...
    I inferred the following and want to make sure I am hearing you correctly.

New task created in Outlook - Correct me if I am wrong.
    Task was then Synced to DejaOffice and the info displayed incorrectly there.
    - OR it was all created in DejaOffice and Saved incorrectly on the device...

Please verify and or clarify...
    Thomas,

in this case the task was created on DO and later synced to Outlook. I also made changes in Outlook like adding a category.

Maybe the development team can provide a test release with all data of such an element being showed in GUI or at least written to the log? I guess we will not be able to find the reason for this behavior otherwise.

If there was a change in the code regarding this issue, might it be possible, that "old" elements are still stored with invalid data?

I will keep the logging switched on and inform you when it happens again...

Many thanks for your help!

Michael
    Last edited by MG111; 01-29-2012 at 05:09 AM.

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)