+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: DejaOffice 2.1.3 beta - new USB sync - DejaConnect USB

Thomas,

yes, I nearly always do a PnR when updating either DO or CL. By the way: I'm using 'old' Direct USB sync method!

So I did with all (also beta) versions DO 2.1.3 (242), 2.1.4 (247) and 2.1.5 (249): First I did a PnR (from Outlook to device) and later (after I changed settings to do a 'normal' 2-way-sync). Then after sync (and even after a phone's reboot) all data on the devices seems to be lost: settings are lost, DO Setup Wizard starts etc.

But indeed data isn't really lost but only doesn't display, because:
    The trick is to downgrade to 2.1.3 (238) beta and immediately all data has been recovered, even without any reboot!

Hope this helps. And: see also thread 'New beta DejaOffice v2.1.3 (242) crashes after every sync', which describes this error and other crashes with 2.1.3 (242) and above:
    http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...ter-every-sync

Perhaps this also has to do something with my thread 'CL5 doesn't close file 'companionlink.db-shm' ?', I don't know what effects there might be with DO's database when after sync a file goes to orphan and LOST.DIR. Perhaps in this situation 2.1.3 (238) behaves different than younger versions?
    http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...ionlink-db-shm

Arno
    Last edited by ProTel-BS; 03-09-2012 at 06:48 AM.
    (old, not longer used: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) with Android 4.1.2 (German language))
    Doogee Dagger DG550 with Android 4.4.2 (German language)
    CL 7 build 7022
    DJO for Android 4.1.6 (924)
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2
    Sync: ADB Mode (DejaConnect USB)
    Sync only with one single PC

Ran the update to 2.1.5 on my Droid X this morning. Am unable to sync to my PC. CompanionLink never starts when I plug the USB
    cable in and hit sync on the Droid. This worked perfectly before the update to 2.1.5!

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by jared; 03-09-2012 at 07:25 AM.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jared View Post
    Ran the update to 2.1.5 on my Droid X this morning. Am unable to sync to my PC. CompanionLink never starts when I plug the USB
    cable in and hit sync on the Droid. This worked perfectly before the update to 2.1.5!

Any suggestions?

Jared.

I would try uninstalling DejaOffice and Installing it from the Android Market again. The application Data is stored on the SDCard so there wont be a problem with that part.

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

This morning issue with DejaConnect usb syncing come back again.

Description:
    Sync good last evening using Dejaconnect usb.
    This morning the same device with the same computer - companionlink says "found adb device but cant connect to dejaoffice". Dejaoffice is on the screen, but no reaction to trying to sync.

How to solve this issue:
    go to system settings-applications-running services and here tap "force stop" dejaoffice service.
    launch dejaoffice again and start sync from computer again - and everything goes ok.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 stock 4.2.2
    DejaOffice v2.5.1
    CompanionLink build 5070
    Outlook 2013 and Windows 7
    DejaConnect USB sync

Problems with Droid BIonic & USB Debug Sync

I believe I have followed the instructions for the process. I can see my device along with the ADB driver in properties. When you connect with the Bionic 4 options appear(always have used Charge Only for normal sync) - 1-PC Mode 2- WIndows Media Sync 3- USB Mass Storage - 4- Charge Only ......I've tried all and "nothing happens".....tried a few more times and stuck on "Retrieving Android Data". I have set the Sync in CL to ..auto on connect..... what am I missing? I was excited to try this as it sounded similar to the "old activesynce" in windows mobile that I so loved and was awesome in syncing with outlook seamlessly.

THanks for your help in advance,
    D

Droid BionicHTC Desire with Android 2.3.4
    CL 5 build 5026
    DJO 2.1.5 beta
    Windows 7 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit
    DejaConnect USB Sync

Any help available?

I also have a Droid Bionic and syncing works for me. I always use the setting "Charge Only" when I connect the USB cable.

I find that I have to click on "Sync" in the CompanionLink dialog box on my computer. The "automatically sync on connect" doesn't work for me either. I found this out by accident when I switched from Direct USB Sync to DejaConnect USB Beta. I was so used to using the phone to initiate a sync that I pressed the sync button in DejaOffice, only to have it tell me to clck Sync in Companionlink on the computer. But it won't work for me with just that step.

I initiate the sync from the phone, it tells me to sync in Companionlink, and it is working for me. Maybe this will help. I will have to wait and see how this works. I may go back to Direct USB Sync, although I like the new method. It is faster when it works.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan@work View Post
    I also have a Droid Bionic and syncing works for me. I always use the setting "Charge Only" when I connect the USB cable.

I find that I have to click on "Sync" in the CompanionLink dialog box on my computer. The "automatically sync on connect" doesn't work for me either. I found this out by accident when I switched from Direct USB Sync to DejaConnect USB Beta. I was so used to using the phone to initiate a sync that I pressed the sync button in DejaOffice, only to have it tell me to clck Sync in Companionlink on the computer. But it won't work for me with just that step.

I initiate the sync from the phone, it tells me to sync in Companionlink, and it is working for me. Maybe this will help. I will have to wait and see how this works. I may go back to Direct USB Sync, although I like the new method. It is faster when it works.
    I am going to be testing this with our Bionic in house today.
    I was working with a customer last night with the same issue on the Auto Sync portion.
    Will report my findings soon.

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan@work View Post

Alan,

Here is what I experienced with the bionic.
    Configured COmpanionLink and DejaOffice for DejaConnect Sync (build 5028) I used the Motorola 5.5.0 driver.
    http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-E...arging-Drivers
    Restart PC after Driver installed as suggested.

Initial device connection after setup:
    1. Found ADB Device error message from CompanionLink.
    2. Click through dialog and dismiss.
    3. Open DejaOffice and Tap the exit icon in the main menu.
    4. Open DejaOffice again.
    5. On the PC Desktop click the Sync button in CompanionLink Setup.
    6. Successful Sync.

After Initial Sync I noticed that the Auto Sync function was working.
    I am wondering if my steps or driver installation was any different from yours.
    Windows 7 32bit.
    I was able to Auto Sync with ACT! and Palm Desktop
    Hope this helps

Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #

Flakey! On first synch it deleted all 368 contact records from my Outlook, so I switched back to wireless sync and it synched them all back into Outlook. Since then, switching back to DejaConnect USB, I can't get it to run twice in row without intervention. I keep getting an error about a missing ADB device. It does work, I just have to plug, unplug, close the app, reopen and it goes... Far from ideal, which sucks because I've been waiting for a simple one-step sync.

+ Reply to Thread