Thread: I want to change the date format

I want to change the date format

In Tasks, the date comes up as mm/dd/yy in spite of my selecting UK English.
    Here in Australia, we us dd/mm/yy
    Please tell me how I can change this.
    Thanks
    Hetty

Yes, also I have this "problem". I think that DejaOffice can use the format of date that is set for system...

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by damjang View Post
    Yes, also I have this "problem". I think that DejaOffice can use the format of date that is set for system...
    The date format in DejaOffice is set by the Keyboard Setting in DejaOffice Settings, General Settings, Language (third option).

Adjusting the DejaOffice Settings to UK English or International English should resolve this.

If that does not fix the issue please report back here and we will look into the matter.
    Last edited by DJOCTO; 04-21-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Thank you, now understand. :-)

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar00k View Post
    Thank you, now understand. :-)

Sorry for the obscure term.
    I just report the news. In my experience what usually looks like a stupid idea to an end user was a difficult decision by the developers who had to deal with a number of unseen variables to most people. Being a programmer I am sure you can relate to that kind of experience.

Date Format Wrong on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

I also have the very inconvenient incorrect (USA) date format on DJO on both my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet and Motorola MB860 phone.
    Changing the Android Keyboard to English UK fixed the problem on the phone but the tablet still displays in USA mm/dd/yyyy format.
    Please advise how I can make my tablet display DJO in dd/mm/yyyy format?

Found the problem. Seems like the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 doesn't care about the Android Keyboard Input Language but relies on the on the DJO General/Language setting. When this is selected to English UK the date displays in the proper Australian Format. Thanks!

Spanner, Welcome to the forum.

It is note the Android Language that sets the date. It is the DejaOffice Language that will do it.

Go to DejaOffice, Settings, General Settings. Set the language to English (United Kingdom).

This will show your Calendar and Tasks as DD/MM/YYYY