Thread: Search By All Fields with a phone number

Search By All Fields with a phone number

Latest version of both the DejaOffice and CompanionLink installed.
    In Contacts, when I do a Search By All Fields with a phone number, no associated records will display. Only records displayed are the ones with the searched phone number in the note of the record.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hello WWL

What Build # of ComapnionLink is displayed in the ComapnionLink Setup application on your PC?
    What data manager do you Sync with? (Outlook, ACT!, etc..)
    What sync method are you using?

I will look into this asap when I get the info noted above.

What Build # of ComapnionLink is displayed in the ComapnionLink Setup application on your PC?
    Build 5020

What data manager do you Sync with? (Outlook, ACT!, etc..)
    Palm Desktop version 4

What sync method are you using?
    WiFi sync

Everything is working fine on the sync (ComapnionLink) side. The question is regarding the DejaOffice app on my iPhone (iOS 5.0.1). No associated records will display when I do a Search By All Fields with a phone number in Contacts within the DejaOffice app.

Did I miss something while doing the search?
    In the DejaOffice app, Contacts, when I do a Search By All Fields with a phone number, no associated records will display. Only records displayed are the ones with the searched phone number in the note of the record.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wwl View Post
    Did I miss something while doing the search?
    In the DejaOffice app, Contacts, when I do a Search By All Fields with a phone number, no associated records will display. Only records displayed are the ones with the searched phone number in the note of the record.
    Sorry,

No you didn't miss anything. I did.

What version of DejaOffice is installed?

Latest version, 1.2.11

Yes, I have the same question. I'm trying to search my contacts list via a telephone number I know is in my contacts. But I'm just reading on the website that, "By default, DejaOffice will search the name, company, and notes fields of every contact." It does not search the numbers fields??????

NuKar - Search for phone numbers should be working. I think the "name, company, and notes" info you referenced is just the default setting for contact search; or maybe it was the default when that info was written.

To enable search for phone numbers just select "Search By All Fields" in the contact settings (open DejaContacts, tap on the "DejaContacts" title, then select "Search By All Fields").