Thread: Deja Office Calendar Problem

Deja Office Calendar Problem

I've not noticed this until today since I've not used Deja Office for all that long.

On my Outlook 2010 calendar on the computer, I have two recurring entries on Tuesdays. They are both on my calendar simply as reminders for something I must do on Tuesday evenings.

Event A is set for 4 pm on EVERY Tuesday for one hour.
    Event B is set for 4 pm on EVERY OTHER Tuesday for one hour.

Outlook 2010 on the computer handles them both just fine. But somewhere, in either Companion Link or Deja Office, Event A is being ignored and NOT COPIED to the handheld device. a Samsung Android.

It appears to be a problem with the fact that both "occur" at the same time. I changed both to "all day events" and they are now getting copied to the handheld as they should be.

I point this out because "conflicting appointments" should be MY "management" problem and Companion Link or Deja Office shoule NOT choose one over the other for synching.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigaldoc View Post
    I've not noticed this until today since I've not used Deja Office for all that long.

On my Outlook 2010 calendar on the computer, I have two recurring entries on Tuesdays. They are both on my calendar simply as reminders for something I must do on Tuesday evenings.

Event A is set for 4 pm on EVERY Tuesday for one hour.
    Event B is set for 4 pm on EVERY OTHER Tuesday for one hour.

Outlook 2010 on the computer handles them both just fine. But somewhere, in either Companion Link or Deja Office, Event A is being ignored and NOT COPIED to the handheld device. a Samsung Android.

It appears to be a problem with the fact that both "occur" at the same time. I changed both to "all day events" and they are now getting copied to the handheld as they should be.

I point this out because "conflicting appointments" should be MY "management" problem and Companion Link or Deja Office shoule NOT choose one over the other for synching.
    Bigaldoc,

I agree with you 100%
    Did you change a single occurrence or the entire Series to All Day event.

Also please answer the following questions:
    Android Device Model and OS version
    CompanionLink build # (Open ComapnionLink Setup on your PC to retrieve this)
    DejaOffice Version #
    Sync Method

I can't imagine how I missed the notification of your post. I did change the entire series of both events.

I synch via direct USB connection.

Samsung SCH-R915
    Companion Link 5.0 5028
    Deja Office 2.1.9

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigaldoc View Post
    I can't imagine how I missed the notification of your post. I did change the entire series of both events.

I synch via direct USB connection.

Samsung SCH-R915
    Companion Link 5.0 5028
    Deja Office 2.1.9
    bagaldoc,

Please remember that the Conflict management policy may have an affect on the outcome. If latest changes are kept is the policy, sometimes just dismissing an an alarm can be the "Latest Change" that overwrites the previous work.

If this does not apply in your case we can keep looking. Are you still having a problem?

Exclamation

It would be great to implement a proper conflict management theme.
    E.g.: dejaoffice.com/forums/showthread.php?1991-Feature-request-Conflict-management-for-sync-process