Thread: New message from Outlook, should I be worried

New message from Outlook, should I be worried

Have used CLO for awhile, just today on a sync I got a message from Outlook that a program is trying to access Outlook contacts, that it could be a virus or a program. Since this happened during the sync'ng I said OK but plan to do a full virus scan ASAP. Should I be worried? Have others seen this message?

TIA
    Samsung Note 8 Android 7.1.1
    DJO 4.3.6 (Build 1002)
    CLO 7046 Windows 10
    Outlook 2010
    Sync: WiFi

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobinraymoremo View Post
    Have used CLO for awhile, just today on a sync I got a message from Outlook that a program is trying to access Outlook contacts, that it could be a virus or a program. Since this happened during the sync'ng I said OK but plan to do a full virus scan ASAP. Should I be worried? Have others seen this message?

TIA
    Tia,

I would exercise a reasonable amount of caution. A virus scan is a good idea.
    However any one of the following changes could easily trigger a notification like this:
    Update to MS Outlook
    Update to MS Windows
    Update to Virus Scan SW
    Android OS update
    Update to DejaOffice or CompanionLink
    Changing Sync Settings in CompanionLink
    Changing Sync Method
    Also CompanionLink and DejaOffice from time to time run additional utilities during the Sync process to verify no Duplicates are being created.

Any one of, or a combination of these circumstances (I may have missed some others as well)could trigger a notification from Outlook like the one you received.

I hope this helps.