+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to search the calendar?

how to search the calendar?

Hi
    I'm new to DejaOffice - just switched to iphone from Palm and don't want to give up Palm Desktop, so DejaOffice seems ideal.
    But I can't find a way to search the calendar - something I often need to do. Am I missing something?
    I don't mind if the results include contacts, tasks, whatever... - just as long as I can find the events I'm looking for.
    Thanks for any advice.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnash View Post
    Hi
    I'm new to DejaOffice - just switched to iphone from Palm and don't want to give up Palm Desktop, so DejaOffice seems ideal.
    But I can't find a way to search the calendar - something I often need to do. Am I missing something?
    I don't mind if the results include contacts, tasks, whatever... - just as long as I can find the events I'm looking for.
    Thanks for any advice.

Mcnash,

DejaOffice 1.2.11 for iOS does not have a calendar search feature. Look for this to be added soon.

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Mcnash,

DejaOffice 1.2.11 for iOS does not have a calendar search feature. Look for this to be added soon.
    The sooner the better, please - this is a vital feature as far as I am concerned. I used it constantly when I was using a Palm device, and it's really frustrating not being to do such an obvious thing

I just downloaded the 15-day trial of DejaOffice for iOS yesterday. I see you are up to 1.4.3, I still don't see a Search command for Calendar, like my Palm had. This is a vital function for me. I have 15000 calendar entries I want to search across. In April 2012 you said "look for this feature to be added soon". Could you say when Calendar Search will be available for DejaOffice iOS?

mmalyj, welcome to the forums.

I apologize for the delay on this. We've had a change in our iOS team. I will be sure this has a high priority for the next release (1.5?)

I go along with mmalyj -- don't have 15000 calendar entries, but have enough to want to be able to search.
    Thanks, - Bob
    Mobile Device: iPod Touch, iOS 9.3
    Deja Office version#1.9.0
    CompanionLink build 7012
    Data Manager App: Palm Desktop
    Sync Method: Local Wi-Fi

Noted in our update notes. Look for this by June 10 or so.

+ Reply to Thread