+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DJO 2.1.5 ate all my phone data !

DJO 2.1.5 ate all my phone data !

My phone updated to DJO 2.1.5 and every thing seemed fine. Then I went to sync as usual with my Outlook and weird things started to happen. To the best of my memory, I got an error on the phone that I have never seen, that said something like "memory card error" in a white box (different format than any other DJO messages or Android messages).

I should also mention that DJO itself seemed to reset, and needed me to go through my synch settings again, which I did. I don't allow the DJO to synch with the phone's Google contacts or calendar, so I reentered all that.

On my first synch, I was wanting to synch one-way from phone to Outlook for backup as usual. I had also set CL to purge and reload my contacts from Outlook into the phone this particular time.

Bottom line is that I tried to synch several times, and it acted like it completed, but all my data is gone from the phone. Originally my CL settings were to synch only from the phone to Outlook. When the weird things happened, I checked the phone and saw no data. So I reset CL to purge and reload from Outlook to phone for everything, and tried several more times to synch, with no success.

So DJO has no contacts, data, or tasks. Outlook is fine, and has all my contacts and tasks. If I'm not mistaken, my contact count in CL doubled at some point during this, but the synch won't work, even on purge and reload.

All of this is at my office, and I'm at home now, because I got disgusted. So, I think there is a synch bug in 2.1.5 . And, I need advice as to how to force a synch from Outlook to the phone to get my calendar back on it.. Very annoyed!
    Deborah

CL 5040 -- not yet repurchased
    DJO 3.1.3 (651)
    Droid Turbo with Android 4.4.4
    System version 21.21.15.quark_Verizon.en.US
    Outlook 2007

The initial message is concerning. It could indicate a problem with the sd card. How old is it? Do you have another sd card you could use to re-setup Deja Office and try a purge and reload sync with just to see if the problem is with CL/DJO or with the card?

A simpler thing you can try is to delete the Clusb folder on your SDcard with a file manager. You will have to reset-up DJO as all your settings and data will be gone. Then try a Purge and sync from Outlook to the Droid X again and see if that works.

Hope you and/or the CL people can get it sorted.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

I believe the card is fine. I can see pictures, etc. I'm going to try deleting the CLusb folder instead.
    Deborah

DJO 3.1.3 (651)
    Outlook 2007

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dtmfcc View Post
    I believe the card is fine. I can see pictures, etc. I'm going to try deleting the CLusb folder instead.
    Deborah,

First.
    I would advise updating to CompanionLink 4053.
    http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html

After that open CompanionLink setup.
    1. Click Outlook Settings and go to the Applications Tab.
    2. You will need to verify the Sync settings are reversed to the way you have described them above. (Outlook to Android)
    3. Close the applications tab and click the Option Menu in the top left corner of CompanionLink Setup.
    4. Select Purge and Reload ALL on next Sync.
    5. Sync the phone. -
    - Now the Purge and Reload will be able to push data to the phone.

Let us know if that helps

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Hi Thomas

I was about to start a new thread when I saw your reply, so I will ask my question here. In reviewing the forum, which I hadn't been on in awhile, I see that there is now DejaConnect, and that once my Android phone updates to 3+, I would need to use that anyway.

So when I get to my office (several hours from now), my plan is to backup my Outlook, and then proceed with a complete upgrade of CompanionLink, and switch to the DejaConnect method of syncing. By the way, don't you mean CL 5024?? That's what I see on the link. If not please advise!!

I never sync with my Android Calendar or Contacts, and once my phone is restored, then all I do with a synch is sync from phone to Outlook one-way for backup purposes. Once in awhile, I update the DJO contacts on my phone with a one-way synch from Outlook to the phone. So in other words, my sync expectations aren't high.

Are there any major cautions I should be aware of in attempting this? I plan to read all the instructions but would appreciate knowing if there are any major issues to expect. The reason I'm doing all this at once is that if it doesn't work easily, I need to get my work calendar in an abbreviated form into Google so I can function by Monday, and I don't have time to spend all weekend. I know it will eventually work out, but that's my plan for the short-term.

Any advice appreciated.
    Deborah

DJO 3.1.3 (651)
    Outlook 2007

OK, problem is resolved, but only by going to DejaConnect via USB.

When I sat down at office computer to fix the problem, somehow my phone wanted to sync independently, and I could once again see my data. I had already updated CL to 5026, so did another sync via USB charge only, and same problems. It seems as though the synch isn't really "closing". If I kept tapping buttons on the phone, I could eventually get it to recognize that the USB card was unmounted, but it seemed very unstable.

So I did the procedures for switching to DejaConnect sync, and it's going very well. Haven't checked new recurring appts yet, but deletions and additions synced nicely.

Have to say that I very much **dislike** the UI on 2.1.5. It feels slipperly, it doesn't start out where I want it or leave it, and it is very slow to load or "paint the screen", whatever you want to call it.

However, I seem to be back online. The new sync seems faster by far, although we're not talking much data.

That's it for now. Back to my normal Friday tasks
    Deborah

DJO 3.1.3 (651)
    Outlook 2007

+ Reply to Thread