Thread: v1.5.8 Questions - from a Newbie

v1.5.8 Questions - from a Newbie

I just installed DejaOffice yesterday on my Droid X - so v1.5.7 (so I started right off with the Calendar not working). Upgraded today to v1.5.8. It was so exciting to see the Calendar come up!

But, I had made changes on my Palm Desktop while waiting for 1.5.8 to come out, so I Sync'd again. It started out OK, but then a dialog popped up on my PC (Vista) that said "Press OK on the Handset". There was no dialog (so no OK button) on the Handset. When I looked back at my PC screen, THAT dialog was gone, too. Now when I try to access any DejaOffice screen, I get the message "Your calendar, tasks, and notes are not accessible until the sync process completes". But there's no indication that the sync process is, well, processing. It's been at least 15 minutes.

What happened, and what do I do about it?

Um... I hit Sync again (on the DejaOffice Home Screen) and it seems to have started from the beginning again. AND it seems to be going through the process twice. Have I just compromised my data?

Also, the Sync always informs me that some number of Contacts have been deleted on my Android. And "Do I wish to delete them on the Palm desktop?" Since I have never yet even modified, much less deleted, a contact on the handset, I always say "No - do NOT delete on Palm Desktop". What's going on here? Am I losing contacts, or not?

Thanks!
    P.S. I can't tell you how fabulous it's been to find CompanionLink/DejaOffice. I've been on Palm since the very first Palm device came out (what, '95?) I was forced to change when my Palm Centro died. And let me tell you, I was really panicking until I found DejaOffice!

DejaOffice Team Member
    When you connect your Droid X, make sure to choose the "Charge Only" USB mode before beginning the sync.

Is it possible that the contacts were deleted somewhere else, like a Google account? Are you syncing your Droid X to two PCs?