Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DejaOffice Not Dropping Contacts To Phone Contacts

Thumbs down DejaOffice Not Dropping Contacts To Phone Contacts

I cannot get the contacts or calendar events out of Deja and down to my phone contacts. Anyone know what could be wrong? I see contacts in deja but that is it.

Try Options/sync settings and select sync with android contacts and calendar app.
    You may have to select read android data following this.

I have performed those steps a million times and still nothing. It is a pain to make a phone call going thru Dejacontacts, its like 5 steps to just 2 thru Android Contacts. Do I need to take out my external sd card or what? This is really bad. I am not as worried about the calendar sync with androids calendar but that isn't working either. If someone has it working PLEASE tell me how.

bozzdroid and philly, welcome to the forums.

As far as I know we are working with all models of Android phones, and all OS versions at this point. We are synchronizing to the "first" Google Contacts Account found on the phone. All should be fine.

If you like, please send me a log and I can see if there is some technical issue. To do this:

1. Go to Settings, General Settings and check the CheckBox for "Logging"

2. Exit back to the main screen, and select "Read Android Data". This does the Android side of the sync without involving the PC.

3. Go to Settings, General Settings and hit the button to Email Log. Send it to support@dejaoffice.com. We can take a look and reply by email. Please note in the email the issue as "no contacts sync".

We'll be able to take a look at it right away. Thanks.

Thanks for welcoming me. I sent my log.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan View Post
    Thanks for welcoming me. I sent my log.
    Funny thing when selecting read data it will sync any android contacts with dejacontacts but not vice versa. Not sure what you mean by "first" google contacts

Same issue, no contacts in android

I would love to hear a resolution to this problem. I have the same thing where I can sync with the PC and have contacts in dejaoffice but I don't have any in the native contacts. I can't figure this out.

Ok, we are still working with Bossdroid.

I think in all other cases, the contacts were making it to the Android Contacts app, but they were not visible to the user.

In the Android Contacts App, hit the "menu" key, and select Display Settings. Go down to the Google Account. Click on it. Make sure the boxes are checked to display all the groups.

Quote Originally Posted by CLCTO View Post
    Ok, we are still working with Bossdroid.

I think in all other cases, the contacts were making it to the Android Contacts app, but they were not visible to the user.

In the Android Contacts App, hit the "menu" key, and select Display Settings. Go down to the Google Account. Click on it. Make sure the boxes are checked to display all the groups.

We are syncing to the outlook a account not Gmail. If we select GMail then that would be the contacts we have in our gmail not outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan View Post
    We are syncing to the outlook a account not Gmail. If we select GMail then that would be the contacts we have in our gmail not outlook.
    Google names everything "google" so it gets confusing.

On the Android OS, the two data apps Contacts and Calendar both will sync to Google. Also, on some units they sync to Exchange ActiveSync (EAS). So the name on the Device is "Account".

So you can set Android Contacts to sync to one Exchange Account and two different Google Accounts. The Google accounts may be for Google Contacts (gmail), Google for Domains, their Educational or Business versions where they have hosted Contacts.

Unfortunately, on Android OS, the Google Contacts account is the only one that works. The OS lacks the capability in the API for us to create our own CL USB Account.

So CompanionLink Synchronizes to the first Google Account that it finds on your phone.

I hope this is clear.

Closed Thread