Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old bug, still there: Retrieving calendar data ... spinning wheel

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    May it be useful for your dev team to get the logs from the device?
    Turn on Logging in DejaOffice and create the behavior while logging is running.
    I will take a look to see if anything is generated in the log indicating a source of the error.

Let me know if you need instructions on where to send the log file.

Thomas,

Sent you an email.

Cheers
    McL
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    Thomas,

Sent you an email.

Cheers
    McL
    Got it! Thanks.

McLion -

This is a tricky issue - we know it's happening for multiple users, but when they send us their log the issue isn't present.

Are you using one of the widgets? If so, try uninstalling then let us know if you still see "Retrieving". It's possible there's some connection.

Another recommendation is to try "Rebuild Calendar Data" in the DejaCalendar Settings menu. Obviously you can't get there when the message is present, but after restarting DejaOffice please try this and let us know if you see "Retrieving" again.

-Belinda

Belinda,

That's it! You're on the right track.
    Since I have removed the widgets - I had both active - it never happened again. No spinning wheel saying retrieving data, no lock-ups, no crash.
    So, it definitely has to do with the widgets.

Thanks a lot.
    Cheers
    McL
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar