Thread: Palm-like Date and Time Pickers

Palm-like Date and Time Pickers

The Time Picker on the Palm is (in my not-so-humble opinion) the best way of selecting a time on a handheld device. Here's an example from setting the start and end time for an event:

To set a time, click the desired hour and minute, or type the desired type. It's very fast and efficient.

I'd like to see something like this in DejaOffice in all places that permit time entry.

As an added bonus, I'd like to have a popup calendar available when selecting a date for anything. Again, this is much faster than the scroll widgets that are currently in place.

Again, fully agree with Rob.
    It's underestimated how much user best practice experience the PalmOS platform had.
    And 10+ years later, the Palm functionality and user interface ease should be the minimum standard for today's apps.

I also vote for this one.

Something like this is in the current version of DJO, so they clearly listened to this request (thanks!)

It's not identical, but it's a lot better than the stock Android widget, and works well enough.

But, when you click on the date, you shall only get the date picker, and when clicking on the time, the time picker. There is the same picker for both and it is not very handy to change the date itself !