Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Day view in Calendar narrowed 20%

Day view in Calendar narrowed 20%

In Deja Calendar, my day view just narrowed 20% uncommanded, and half my hundreds of entries now look cramped & poor in day view. Anyone know how to restore normal full width day view?

Not sure what you mean (or what measure you used to determine the 20%). I suspect you are referring to the reformatting of the calendar screens which lets the slight bleeding of previous day and next day at the sides. If that isn't what you are talking about, please give more details.

If that is the problem, there has been various discussions of both problems and benefits of the new formatting and smooth-scrolling rather than day or week lock. I think they are working on refining and improving these. Until then, if you like, you can go HERE and download an earlier version of DJO (I don't remember the first version it popped up in-- 2.1.5 or 2.1.6). Just to be safe, you can try going back to 2.1.3 (238). Or you can just wait for them to update it. I suspect it won't be long because they have been a little scarce here, so they are probably busy.

You could try using a smaller font if you aren't already.
    DejaOffice PC CRM Standalone, Windows 10 Home Version ver. 1903
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 9), May 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), August 2019 security patch.
    DejaCloud Sync (PC and phone), USB Sync (Tablet).

*Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

Thanks Hook for responding so quickly. Yes, I am referring to the bleeding margins of adjacent days narrowing the field - 20% just a guess. I use Calendar as a personal diary with relatively large entries, and often fill each page. Others, no doubt, may write briefer unformatted entries and would be less effected, or less concerned about optimum readability. I will seriously consider rolling back to earlier edition format, now that you have given me a source. Hopefully, the needs of both kinds of user may be accomodated in future. Of course, I tried smaller font, but did not find it comfortable to read. Thanks again

Lightbulb day page really inefficient

I have a Droid 2.3.3, OS 4.5.608.A956 and I use DJO 2.1.7. I'd have to agree with the above assessment. On my screen, about 20% of the width of the screen is used up with the hours; only 30% of the width is spent on the meaningful display of today's calendar; 30% is used for a useless display of Subject, Completed Tasks, and Time Zone; and the last 20% is used for the current event. Maybe there are some people who travel who need to see the current time zone every time they look at their phone, but I don't. I also don't need to see what I've already accomplished rather than a more efficient display of my whole day. Can the day page be re-formatted? Even better, it would be great if a person could individualize the display somewhat.

Tiny Text

I can handle the slightly smaller day view width..and actually LIKE the scrolling thing - but the text size has shrink to practically invisible proportions on my Samsung Epic 4g. So called "Delightful" is even barely visible to my 56 year old eyes.
    Can we get the old text sizes back??

Rebecca, I haven't noticed any change in the text size (with these 59 year old eyes requiring glasses, I use micro size in the calendar ). Are you sure something else hasn't changed on your phone?
    DejaOffice PC CRM Standalone, Windows 10 Home Version ver. 1903
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 9), May 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), August 2019 security patch.
    DejaCloud Sync (PC and phone), USB Sync (Tablet).

*Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

I do hope the option to bring back the old view is added! I do like the new scrolling speed and fluidity.

Other than the ease of scrolling, what are the benefits of this new, cramped day view? If I want to see the appointments I had yesterday or have for tomorrow, I can now easily scroll to that day. I do not see the value of trying to squeeze all of that information into one day's view. Let today be for TODAY only or make this view user configurable. PLEASE!!!

The pinch/zoom functionality in 2.1.9 is pretty cool. It could be a bit more responsive though.
    Last edited by sjamie; 03-24-2012 at 10:42 AM.

I am updated to 2.1 9 and all is fixed except the today view shortened margins......I am losing aand showing 10 per cent missing on each side...it has been a while now and no fix yet.....when can I expect to be able to see an entire page in the today view?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by formerpalmfan View Post
    I am updated to 2.1 9 and all is fixed except the today view shortened margins......I am losing aand showing 10 per cent missing on each side...it has been a while now and no fix yet.....when can I expect to be able to see an entire page in the today view?
    Formerpalmfan,

What you are experiencing in the day view is intentional.