Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Day view in Calendar narrowed 20%

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Formerpalmfan,

What you are experiencing in the day view is intentional.
    Thomas, are there any plans to make the view user configurable? Personally, I prefer NOT to see my appointments from the previous/next day and would like to disable that feature.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Thomas, are there any plans to make the view user configurable? Personally, I prefer NOT to see my appointments from the previous/next day and would like to disable that feature.
    sjammie,

I will forward that as a feature request to the dev team.
    Since it is a new UI feature the feedback is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    sjammie,

I will forward that as a feature request to the dev team.
    Since it is a new UI feature the feedback is appreciated.
    Thank you! I would really appreciate the option to customize the view to my liking. Many times, when software GUIs are changed drastically, companies usually provide the user with a way to restore the older GUI. Not all users like major GUI changes.

Narrowed Day View in Calendar

As requested: HTC Amaze phone, Android 2.3.4, Deja Office 2.1.7 (257), Companion Link version not handy but syncing with it never effected Calendar format before.
    paulaker

Thomas....I have no earthly clue why you would do that......help me out here because I have no idea why anyone would want to look at a day screen like that.....???

Quote Originally Posted by formerpalmfan View Post
    Thomas....I have no earthly clue why you would do that......help me out here because I have no idea why anyone would want to look at a day screen like that.....???
    Agreed! In the "DAY" view, I'd like to only see the appointments I have for "toDAY"!

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hello Folks,

I spoke with the CTO regarding the day view.
    He is interested in honest feedback regarding the new design.
    I found out the intention of creating the border is to visually demonstrate the user can swipe forwards and backwards to view different days. This is in alignment with consistent feedback we have gotten from new users to make DejaOffice more intuitive.

So the dev team is willing to consider feedback on this however, the specific request is for a good reason to change the current design. A compelling reason will need to be something beyond personal preference, as we have business needs to address new users being able to navigate DejaOffice effectively and easily right after downloading the app.

Thomas, I'd like to see the UI changed because the current design is too cluttered and cramped which makes it difficult to see my business appointments. My recommendation is to make it possible to turn off the appointments for the previous and next days and to activate a popup upon first use of the Day View which shows new users they can swipe from right to left to navigate to the next and previous days.

Angry Birds effectively uses popups when introducing new birds and special powers. This makes it one of the most intuitive games available.
    Last edited by sjamie; 04-09-2012 at 08:06 AM.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Thomas, I'd like to see the UI changed because the current design is too cluttered and cramped which makes it difficult to see my business appointments. My recommendation is to make it possible to turn off the appointments for the previous and next days and to activate a popup upon first use of the Day View which shows new users they can swipe from right to left to navigate to the next and previous days.

Angry Birds effectively uses popups when introducing new birds and special powers. This makes it one of the most intuitive games available.
    Sjamie,

Thanks for the feedback.
    It would be very helpful if you provided some additional information. (Ideally please edit your signature with the info I have requested).
    Android Device and OS is important for this one. Also the Font setting you have Day view in DejaOffice Settings.

Well now......I have been using "day views" in Pims going back to 1996 and the first psion pim put out........I have used other types since then and all have shown a full page view in the today view.......it is beyond me why anyone would consider this reduced size day view normal and would even be considering this a good thing........you cant even see the time of day properly in the "new" version of the today view.........please change this back to a full page view.....I would like to go back to the normal way of scrolling from day to day and actually seeing a FULL PAGE TO LOOK AT........c'mon guys, really?