Thread: missing data on Calendar "Categories" view

missing data on Calendar "Categories" view

When viewing the DejaCalendar view with ALL Categories selected, it shows only NONE Categories. I purposely changed some posted Categories to NONE and they then showed on this View. These Calendar entries show on the other views as posted in Outlook/2002 (XP).

I updated to DejaOffice 2.1.9 (264) today (3/31), using Kindle Fire. I have CompanionLink Trial (Build 5026), using Windows/7 Home Preimum.

I would like some suggestions before I buy CL (expires April 9th).

txs, 'jake
    Last edited by 'jake; 03-31-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 'jake View Post
    When viewing the DejaCalendar view with ALL Categories selected, it shows only NONE Categories. I purposely changed some posted Categories to NONE and they then showed on this View. These Calendar entries show on the other views as posted in Outlook/2002 (XP).

I updated to DejaOffice 2.1.9 (264) today (3/31), using Kindle Fire. I have CompanionLink Trial (Build 5026), using Windows/7 Home Preimum.

I would like some suggestions before I buy CL (expires April 9th).

txs, 'jake
    I'm confused a bit by your description. Do I have this correct?

You have Calendar events in Outlook 2002. Some you have given the category "None" and some have other categories? In companion Link Setup, you have selected the "All Categories" radio button on the "Category Filter" tab, but when you sync only the events with the explicit"None" category shows up in Deja Calendar? Is this correct?

Double check the Category Filer tab to makes sure all categories are highlighted. I'm not sure I have an immediate answer, but I need to know whether my assumptions are correct.
    DejaOffice PC CRM Standalone, Windows 10 Home Version ver. 1903
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 9), May 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), August 2019 security patch.
    DejaCloud Sync (PC and phone), USB Sync (Tablet).

*Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

your assumptions are correct. In CL, All is Selected, and all Categories in the 'right-hand' panel are 'selected' But remember, in DejaOffice, ONLY the "by Category view" (the Icon with the 'lines') has the problem. The Daily, Weekly, and Monthly view shows ALL Categories events. I hope this explains it.

txs, 'jake
    Last edited by 'jake; 03-31-2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: clarity

Yes, that's clearer-- though I am stumped as to what would do this. I've never seen this behavior. Maybe when the support staff return Monday they may have a better idea.

There are two things you can try that may not work. One is to pull the battery on your phone. Whenever anything quirky that I can't explain happens on my device, that's what I do. You'll be amazed how often it works.

Second, in Companion Link, open the options menu and select "Wipe all records on Android before sync." The sync. If you have a lot of records it may take awhile, but it could make a difference.

Sorry I'm not of more help.
    DejaOffice PC CRM Standalone, Windows 10 Home Version ver. 1903
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 9), May 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), August 2019 security patch.
    DejaCloud Sync (PC and phone), USB Sync (Tablet).

*Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

thanks for your help.
    1. Remember, this is a Kindle Fire - ?difference.
    2. I have selected the "Wipe all records on Android before sync." option.

We'll see. It is strange; the fact I can see the "Categorized" items on the other Calendar displays, but not the Category (which I have found to be the best display - except for the anomaly).

I have discovered the problem. After reviewing your posts I suspected I had a Setting that was incorrectly made. After reviewing, I had set the Grouping to be by Category, so None were shown first, then down the 'page' were each of the other Categories. I found it more by chance as I was scrolling through looking for odd situations. I set the Grouping to be 'None', and all is well.

txs for your inputs.
    'jake

-btw, Great Product.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 'jake View Post
    I have discovered the problem. After reviewing your posts I suspected I had a Setting that was incorrectly made. After reviewing, I had set the Grouping to be by Category, so None were shown first, then down the 'page' were each of the other Categories. I found it more by chance as I was scrolling through looking for odd situations. I set the Grouping to be 'None', and all is well.

txs for your inputs.
    'jake

-btw, Great Product.
    Thanks for posting your solution Jake!