Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: missing addresses

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1

    missing addresses

    I'm using Outlook 2007 and sync with Samsung Galaxy Note. Not all the content of Outlook contact are synced, p.e. the address of the contact is missing in Dejacontacts. Is this a known problem or a wrong setup?

    Jo

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    531
    Check the field mapping tab in Advanced settings in Companion Link.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

  3. #3
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo Bosch View Post
    I'm using Outlook 2007 and sync with Samsung Galaxy Note. Not all the content of Outlook contact are synced, p.e. the address of the contact is missing in Dejacontacts. Is this a known problem or a wrong setup?

    Jo
    Hi Jo,

    Thanks for Posting.
    Please update your signature file with the data I have requested in Mine.
    The details in that will determine what troubleshooting we recommend.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    20
    Hi to all.
    WhatJo explains I think is a problem with companionlink. When I recently update my companiolink to "build 5028" have the same problem (missing adresses) after sync with both of my computers (work and home).
    This update goes with mapping tab with "no mapping" in work adress and home adress as a default. So:

    1 - Go to Companionlink setup
    2 - Field mappig tab
    3 - Go to first field and choose "work adress"
    4 - In second field change "no mapping" for "business adress"

    Do the same for "Home adress".

    I hope it will help you!

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    21
    I had the same question and field mapping fixed it. THANKS to both posters of the correct procedure !!!

  6. #6
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by bigaldoc View Post
    I had the same question and field mapping fixed it. THANKS to both posters of the correct procedure !!!
    Glad things are working now.

    We hada couple of fields lose their default settings for some users in 5028 and 5030. The latest beta build of CompanionLink has the fix.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    21
    I do have another question on this topic. It seems that, now that I've got addresses being passed to the Android, the city, state and zip are showing TWICE on the Android and I can't figure out why. I've been back through the CL field mapping screens completely and can't figure out what's causing it.

    On the Android, the address field shows up with:

    street address
    city, state
    zip
    city, state
    zip


    I thought that one might be coming from home and one from business, but that's not the case. Still looking, but if anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate it. Thanks !!!
    Big Al

    Samsung SCH-R915
    DejaOffice 2.4.1 (436)
    CompanionLink 5.0 (5052)
    Data Manager App Outlook 2010
    Sync Method Direct USB Mass Storage

  8. #8
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by bigaldoc View Post
    I do have another question on this topic. It seems that, now that I've got addresses being passed to the Android, the city, state and zip are showing TWICE on the Android and I can't figure out why. I've been back through the CL field mapping screens completely and can't figure out what's causing it.

    On the Android, the address field shows up with:

    street address
    city, state
    zip
    city, state
    zip


    I thought that one might be coming from home and one from business, but that's not the case. Still looking, but if anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate it. Thanks !!!
    Big Al,

    Can you please specify the following details:
    1. DejaOfice Version
    2. What "Android Account" is DejaOffice configured to Sync with?
    3. What build of CompanionLink is installed on your PC?
    4. What PC data manger are you syncing with?
    5. What Sync method?

    I just resolved a similar issue for a customer by haing them update to DejaOffice 2.2.1 and then reloading the calendar data.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Can you please specify the following details:
    1. DejaOfice Version
    2. What "Android Account" is DejaOffice configured to Sync with?
    3. What build of CompanionLink is installed on your PC?
    4. What PC data manger are you syncing with?
    5. What Sync method?

    I just resolved a similar issue for a customer by haing them update to DejaOffice 2.2.1 and then reloading the calendar data.
    First of all, this is a contacts problem, NOT calendar!

    I have Deja Office 2.1.9 (264) on my Samsung Android
    Companion Link is 5.0 build 5030
    PC data manager? Not sure what that means, but I use Outlook 2010 on the PC.
    I use USB to synch.

    I only today set my Android and Deja Office to ALSO add the Outlook contacts not only to Deja Office, but to the "native" Android contacts as well. That is working just fine. When I use CL-DJO to synch, the contacts from Outlook ON THE PC are getting updated to both Deja Office AND the native contacts on the Android. They BOTH have the appearance I showed in my last thread.

    Other than asking for all this status info, do you have any ideas about the duplicate city, state and zip?
    Big Al

    Samsung SCH-R915
    DejaOffice 2.4.1 (436)
    CompanionLink 5.0 (5052)
    Data Manager App Outlook 2010
    Sync Method Direct USB Mass Storage

  10. #10
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by bigaldoc View Post
    First of all, this is a contacts problem, NOT calendar!

    I have Deja Office 2.1.9 (264) on my Samsung Android
    Companion Link is 5.0 build 5030
    PC data manager? Not sure what that means, but I use Outlook 2010 on the PC.
    I use USB to synch.

    I only today set my Android and Deja Office to ALSO add the Outlook contacts not only to Deja Office, but to the "native" Android contacts as well. That is working just fine. When I use CL-DJO to synch, the contacts from Outlook ON THE PC are getting updated to both Deja Office AND the native contacts on the Android. They BOTH have the appearance I showed in my last thread.

    Other than asking for all this status info, do you have any ideas about the duplicate city, state and zip?
    Big al,

    Thanks for the info. Please forgive my typo. I meant to say Contacts Data Data.
    We have two USB Sync Methods for Android DejaCOnnect USB and Direct USB (Mass Storage)
    So we are on the same page, you were correct about the meaning of the term Data Manger. (It is explained in my Signature file which requests users fill out their signature file so I can quickly and make recommendations. Regular users find it helps them get the answers they need quickly.)

    It may sound like a lot of information to provide, but trust me it reduces a lot of back and forth, which you seem intent on accomplishing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •