Closed Thread

Thread: First Time Sync Worked, Second - Not So Much (Samsung Galaxy S/Vibrant)

First Time Sync Worked, Second - Not So Much (Samsung Galaxy S/Vibrant)

Sorry in advance to be a pest.

So I d/led Companion Link and did my first time copy of data from Palm Desktop to my Samsung Galaxy S. All's well.

I added some info onto my Palm calendar, and did another sync. Info remained in Palm Calendar, but did not copy over to Samsung.

So I put in my cc# on Companion Link's website, and registered the demo version (and now have a verified version of Companion Link USB 4.0).

And STILL my calendar events are not copying from Palm Desktop to the handheld. (HOWEVER, an item I added to the handheld DID copy over to the Desktop!?!)

Additionally, I made some changes to the due dates on tasks in the Desktop; after the sync, the inital due dates returned.

I haven't felt this clueless since my first time at Spin the Bottle.
    Last edited by rjbinney; 07-23-2010 at 12:08 PM.

I think I saw an email, so we probably already responded to your post. I'll give a few hints here in the Forums also.

For DejaCal, do the Calendar items go from Outlook to DejaCal? That is the PC Sync portion.

Funny, I didn't realize DJO and CompLink were the same guys!

No, I'm not using Outlook now. I'm using Palm Desktop 4.2.

My calendar data on the desktop migrated correctly the first time. Now when I sync, data I've entered on the handheld moves to the Desktop, but data I've entered or changed on the Desktop does NOT move to the handheld.

Tasks seem to sync properly; I have not tried contacts or memos.

Windows XP
    Palm Desktop 4.1.4
    Android 2.1
    Samsung Galaxy S (T-Mobile/Vibrant)
    CompLink 4 beta
    DJO 1.5.8

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure someone looks into it.

I get it now - "CLCTO" = "Companion Link Chief Tech Officer"...

Well, I discovered that Tasks, Memos, and Contacts synced fine. Items added to Desktop would migrate, and vice versa; same with edits and deletes.

I also discovered that NEW events that I added today migrated. Just not the ones I added to my Desktop between installing CL and unlocking CL.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled. Rebooted. And then purged and reloaded my calendar events - now everything seems groovy.

I'd suspect it has something to do with the fact that I tried syncing between the initial sync and when I had "actual" privileges? As always, thank for the quick replies.

One thing that's interesting - my CL USB home screen still shows my "Last Sync" as 12:35PM last Friday - which, incidentally, was my FIRST sync since unlocking. I've synced several times since.

I don't know if this is a totally new issue or an extension of the above.

I noticed that I had a two-day meeting only showing up as one day on the handheld - OK, I know folks are working on the recurring event issue. (Odd, though - when I click on the appointment, it shows that it's recurring every day for a week. It only shows up on the calendar for the first day, but the "Edit" details show it's there for a week. Even if I change it to only repeat for a day or two, it still shows it's recurring for a week. But that's not my big concern.)

I have a bunch of meetings - all TIMED, RECURRING meetings - that have disappeared from my Palm Desktop. Recurring, UNTIMED events, have not disappeared. They still appear on my Handheld.

I ran a sync - Android to Palm Desktop (Records deleted in both will be synced). These particular events show on my Handheld, not on my Palm Desktop.

I ran another sync - Android to Palm Desktop (Android is the primary...). Same result - events remain on Handheld, don't migrate to Palm Desktop.

I ran another sync - Android to Palm Desktop (Android is the primary...), PURGE AND RELOAD CALENDAR. Same result - events remain on Handheld, don't migrate.

Again, it's only these specific events. Luckily I still have my Palm Handheld so I can reconstruct!

DejaOffice Team Member
    To bring your handheld data into your Palm Desktop, try a CompanionLink "reread PC" sync (you'll find this in the CompanionLink "Options" drop-down menu).

We're working on improving recurring as well as multiday event sync for our next release of DejaOffice.

Well last night I re-entered the "missing" data, and so now have some parallel identical tasks on handheld, but at least I have them in the Desktop.

You know - I played so much with the "Palm Desktop Settings" screens in CL that I didn't even notice the Options menu. Shame on me, thanks for the answer.

But to clarify - in this instance, shouldn't I "reread Handheld", as the items are ON the handheld and NOT on the Desktop?

Thanks!

DejaOffice Team Member
    My bad! Yes, I meant to say to run a "reread handheld" sync.

Closed Thread