+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calendar entries slow to appear

Calendar entries slow to appear

I am trialling Companion Link with Outlook 2010 using Windows 7 and Deja Office on Samsung Galaxy S2. (CL Build 5028) I am generally impressed with the software (after having become nervous about Samsung Kies effectiveness!) I have, though, had a number of situations when I have been using the calendar on my device and have called up a particular day, and entries (which I know should be there) are not showing. They eventually seem to appear after moving across to other dates and back again, but I can see no reason why this happens sometimes and not on others. For obvious reasons, this is a worrying glitch and one which I would be wanting ensure is clarified if I am to have confidence in the system.

Any ideas or examples of this happening elsewhere? Thanks

I get this after syncing. I mainly use the week view & thats what i go to first after a sync. Typically the first & next week show entries but are missing after that. I fix it by going to the month view which then shows correctly & back to week view after which all works ok.

For me this only happens after a sync so it's not the end of life as we know it! It seems just to be a display issue so I guess it will get fixed at some point.
    DejaOffice 3.2.25 (866) on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 with Android 5.0
    DejaOffice 3.2.25 (866) on Galaxy Tab S2 TM-810 (32GB) with Android 7.0
    Companionlink 5.0 Build 5072 with Outlook 2003 Sp3 on Win 7 Pro Sp1
    Now syncing Via DejaCloud

For me this happens always after starting my phone, but I'm not quite sure if this also happens when phone is on even for a longer time.
    I mostly use day view. Then swyping to a day (about one week or 10 days or so) in the future gives no data.
    When I then switch to another view (I often then use week view) and back to day view suddenly all data is displayed.

This always leads to confusion and perhaps errors in planning future events.

Please fix this displaying-error or whatever it is: when I swype to another day either all data should be displayed immediately or at least a spinning wheel should appear for a small amount of time to show me that data is beeing read from database and will be displayed in a few seconds. Never the displayed day should remain empty when there are events on that day!
    (old, not longer used: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) with Android 4.1.2 (German language))
    Doogee Dagger DG550 with Android 4.4.2 (German language)
    CL 7 build 7022
    DJO for Android 4.1.6 (924)
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2
    Sync: ADB Mode (DejaConnect USB)
    Sync only with one single PC

No comment from support team to this behaviour?

I more and more often run into these apparent free areas where in effect are entries which are not displayed.

Please help!
    (old, not longer used: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) with Android 4.1.2 (German language))
    CL 7 build 7022
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2

Sorry to you both - this thread was somehow buried & we've just now seen it.

We have made a number of fixes to the calendar display that causes issues like what you both describe, so it's possible this is already fixed in a non-released version of DejaOffice.

ProTel-BS, I've sent you a private message re: how we can verify this specific issue is corrected.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProTel-BS View Post
    For me this happens always after starting my phone, but I'm not quite sure if this also happens when phone is on even for a longer time.
    I mostly use day view. Then swyping to a day (about one week or 10 days or so) in the future gives no data.
    When I then switch to another view (I often then use week view) and back to day view suddenly all data is displayed.

This always leads to confusion and perhaps errors in planning future events.

Please fix this displaying-error or whatever it is: when I swype to another day either all data should be displayed immediately or at least a spinning wheel should appear for a small amount of time to show me that data is beeing read from database and will be displayed in a few seconds. Never the displayed day should remain empty when there are events on that day!
    Arno,

I will try to reproduce this.
    Can you list the exact configuration you have including the following settings:
    Any and all DejaOffice short cuts installed to your Android Desktop.
    DO you use a Widget? If yes which one and how is it precisely configured.
    What Display size do you have for the day view?
    If you no the speed classification of the SDcard you have installed that might help as well.

Thanks

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Thomas,

I try to answer all things you want to know, please ask again if something is missing.

1. shortcuts: Sync, DejaCalendar - Day View, DejaContacts
    2. Widget: DejaToday (4x4) with following settings:
    checked is (only) "Show Calendar", "Show Today's Past Events", "Show All-day Events"
    unchecked is "Show Tasks", "Show Linked Contacts"
    "Show Future Days" is set to 1 day
    3. Day View display size is "Business Size", this size is used as well for Week View.
    4. My micro SDHC card is a 16GB class 10 card

Arno
    CL 7 build 7022
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2

Slow calendar

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzer1 View Post
    I am trialling Companion Link with Outlook 2010 using Windows 7 and Deja Office on Samsung Galaxy S2. (CL Build 5028) I am generally impressed with the software (after having become nervous about Samsung Kies effectiveness!) I have, though, had a number of situations when I have been using the calendar on my device and have called up a particular day, and entries (which I know should be there) are not showing. They eventually seem to appear after moving across to other dates and back again, but I can see no reason why this happens sometimes and not on others. For obvious reasons, this is a worrying glitch and one which I would be wanting ensure is clarified if I am to have confidence in the system.

Any ideas or examples of this happening elsewhere? Thanks
    Me also, after a sync. I have been communicating with Companionlink tech support and we suspect that the phone is just taking some time to read 400+ calendar entries. They all seem to show up after a while.

+1 for me as well Thomas.
    Sometimes, after a sync, I will notice data missing on some days, but not all.
    Mostly stuff that's been added or moved.
    I usually use the day or week views.
    If I switch to DJO today screen and back, all of the data instantly appears.
    Droid X on Ver 2.3.3
    Deja Office Ver. 2.2.1
    Windows 7x64
    Windows Outlook 2010
    Companion Link Ver. 5.0 build 5030

Any further news on this topic ? I am having exactly the same problem and was first thinking that I was going crazy.. things not there, then suddenly appearing in the calendar. I am running all the latest versions of DejaOffice + Sync to Notes.
    Running on Samsung Galaxy S2 - ICS
    Stephen

+ Reply to Thread