Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Form over function

Form over function

I have to say that I am disappointed with the recent updates to the iOs Deja apps.

I am not particularly worried about how the app looks as opposed to its function and I said as much when I was asked to be a part of a group assessing the graphics for the new look - I never received a response to my email to that effect.

I would say that there are a number of 'little' issues which would indicate to me that the people that have built the function are not daily users of the application itself otherwise they would have been dealt with.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieEff View Post
    I have to say that I am disappointed with the recent updates to the iOs Deja apps.

I am not particularly worried about how the app looks as opposed to its function and I said as much when I was asked to be a part of a group assessing the graphics for the new look - I never received a response to my email to that effect.

I would say that there are a number of 'little' issues which would indicate to me that the people that have built the function are not daily users of the application itself otherwise they would have been dealt with.
    Jamie,

Thank you for your honest feedback.
    This post however gives us no concrete idea of what ideas you have about improving the UI experience.
    If yo have specific UI feedback, we are more than willing to consider them.

Hi Thomas

I did in my email several months ago outline the issues that I had come across and really hoped that they would have been dealt with.

To get you started, 2 of the main problems are:

1) if you are in contacts view, and you do a 'vague' search (ie there are a lot of results, when the keyboard is open you cannot scroll all the way to the bottom entries which, if the one you are looking for is near the bottom, makes it impossible to select

2) in the task view, when creating a task, why can we not search for the contact rather than having to scroll through (or use the 'quick jump') to the person you are looking for? The list is populated by company name, so what if you can remember the name of the person but not the company name?

3) And one for good measure - for some reason, when I sync back from my idevices to Act, randomly it creates multiple tasks for the same person/company and sets them (and others) to timeless..... its not a big deal but can be frustrating.

Jamie

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi Thomas

I did in my email several months ago outline the issues that I had come across and really hoped that they would have been dealt with.

To get you started, 2 of the main problems are:

1) if you are in contacts view, and you do a 'vague' search (ie there are a lot of results, when the keyboard is open you cannot scroll all the way to the bottom entries which, if the one you are looking for is near the bottom, makes it impossible to select

2) in the task view, when creating a task, why can we not search for the contact rather than having to scroll through (or use the 'quick jump') to the person you are looking for? The list is populated by company name, so what if you can remember the name of the person but not the company name?

3) And one for good measure - for some reason, when I sync back from my idevices to Act, randomly it creates multiple tasks for the same person/company and sets them (and others) to timeless..... its not a big deal but can be frustrating.

Jamie
    Hello Jamie,

Thanks for more specifics.
    There is a new Search tool in DejaOffice 1.3.x.
    There is a known issue with this that we are fixing regarding the keyboard not removing itself as needed. This should be fixed soon.

What build number of CompanionLink is installed on your PC? Dealing with a Sync issue like that rquires the information I request in my Signature.

Hi Thomas

The search facility seems to only be when searching through all tasks, not when you are trying to add a contact to a task event.....

My Companion Link v is 5 (build 5022)
    deja office is 1.3.3
    Act!

Jamie

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi Thomas

The search facility seems to only be when searching through all tasks, not when you are trying to add a contact to a task event.....

My Companion Link v is 5 (build 5022)
    deja office is 1.3.3
    Act!

Jamie
    Jamie,

Please update to the latest build of CompanionLink (build 5030) That may resolve the sync issue you are experiencing. If not, please submit a ticket to support@companonlink.com.
    I will inquire what the expected behavior for Task search is and report back when I have an answer.

Will do Thomas... is that a free upgrade?

Re the Task search, I am not talking about searching the task window itself... I am talking about when you create a new task and want to add a contact to that task... the list of contacts is not searchable...only scrollable...

DejaOffice Team Member

Re the Task search, I am not talking about searching the task window itself... I am talking about when you create a new task and want to add a contact to that task... the list of contacts is not searchable...only scrollable...
    I can see your point with that. Especially if a large contacts database is being used. I have forwarded this request to the dev team to look at.

Great, thanks for that Thomas.

Now how about this issue.

In the task view, when you create a task and you go to select a date these problems occur:

On an iPad
    1. when the device is in portrait, there are no day headers showing the days of the week which is incredibly annoying if you are trying to select a day rather than a date in the future

On an iPhone
    1. same as the above iPad issue
    2. in portrait, the bottom of the calendar is cut off
    3. in landscape, the year picker is cut off almost completely

DejaOffice Team Member

Jamie,
    updates are always free on the same version number you have purchased. So any build of CompanionLink that starts with 5 is free for you.